Schiit eitr lost 24 bits 192 kHz

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Rock 1.7 build

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Wifi and USB output to the Schiit eitr

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Schiit eitr USB to SPDIF

Description Of Issue
Since the last ROCK update it’s impossible to setup my Schiit EITR for DSD to PCM in maximum PCM rate to 192kHz and bit depth to 24 bit . Before this update it was ok.

Unplug both the USB cable and the power of Eitr. Reboot ROCK. After Roon is started, reconnect them.

@wklie you can’t run DSD through SPDIF, no? I am guessing that Roon needs to be set to do DoP?

You can do DoP over SPDIF if your DAC supports it (many do not). There is no native DSD over SPDIF.

Hello, I have reboot several times the Rock roon and disconnect all but it’s always the same issue. Now the Eitr is see as a 16b/48khz not 24b /192 khz. for DSD , roon do the job and translate it as 16bits 48khz but before the update it was 24 bits . bests regards

Any news regarding this issue ? kinds regards

Hello @eric_malle, my apologies for the delay over the holidays. Could you please send me a screenshot of your signal path? I’d like to run this information by our device team for confirmation, thanks!

please see below the screenshot

Hello @eric_malle, and thanks for the screenshots! I’ve sent this information over to our device team and will return with their feedback.

Hi, for information I have unplugged and plugged all thes device and now it’s seems working. I dont’ now why ?? so you can close this issue for instance.
bests regards

Hello @eric_malle, I’m glad things are working again! Please let me know if the issue returns.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.