Schiit Jotunheim, USB wi-fi dongle, Roon server

Roon Core Machine

M1 MacMini, MacOS

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Network; Huawei cellular router

Connected Audio Devices

Roon server on M1 MacMini. Audio kit; Rose 150, Buchardt A500s connected via XLS cables.

Number of Tracks in Library

Lots

Description of Issue

Hi all.

Quick question; does anyone have any experience using a Schiit Jotunheim headphone amp with a USB wi-fi dongle to connect over LAN to a Roon Server? Works perfectly with a cable, but I’d really like a wireless solution.

TIA.
Paul Perton

I’ve moved your post to the #audio-gear-talk category of the forum, since it is not really a question for the Roon Labs Support team.

OK thanks.

I’m not that familiar with Jot but I don’t recall it having a network stack for a usb WiFi dongle to be supported

You probably need a streamer with analogue outputs into the Jot. A network endpoint into the DAC module if you have that installed…but it’s a usb audio input not for any networking

1 Like

Hi,
Jot owner here.
The Wizard is correct: There’s no network support in the Jot.
Assuming you have the DAC module in the Jot a Raspberry Pi makes for a decent, cost effective, Roon endpoint however they’re near impossible to find right now.
Otherwise your best bet without spending more than the Jot itself cost is probably an iFi Zen Stream.

Yup, but that’s true overkill. I have a usb-b cable for the Jotunheim - don’t want to, but I’ll move some furniture around and live with that.

Thanks for the input.

1 Like

Agree.
Once Pi’s become available again you can build a Roon endpoint for <$100

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.