Schiit Yggdrasil Gen 5 using exclusive mode [Resolved]

Dear Eric

Of course you are right. Being an old software developer, I should have done a bit more research and given you the data you will need in order to diagnose this issue. I will say beforehand, that Jeffrey post (Eitr USB-SPDIF Converter) outlines what I consider to be the issue. The new Schiit Gen 5 USB interface has issues with Roon for some reason. With that said, I will conduct the work you have requested.

My system is as follows:
Mac Mini Server (mid 2011) 2Ghz Intel Core i7 with 4Gb 1333 Mhz DDR3 RAM. The server has two internal hard drives. The OS and all of the software including the Roon server software are on one disk the second disk contains only music. I am running Roon version 1.3 (build 242) stable (64bit). The Core: Music Server is also running Roon version 1.3 (build 242) stable (64bit)

The audio chain will be done two different ways. First, I will have a direct USB connection to the Schiit Yggdrasil Gen 5. This was the configuration I had when I first made my posting. I have subsequently acquired a Schiit Eitr USB to Coax SPDIF box that also uses the new Schiit Gen 5 USB input. There is another topic in the Roon community pages for using the Eitr (Eitr USB-SPDIF Converter)

I have Roon working with the Yggdrasil but ONLY when exclusive mode is turned off. To give a complete picture, I will play a single song through the Yggdrasil with exclusive mode turned off and note the time so the logs when supplied will show when the playback worked. I will then engage the exclusive mode and try to play the same song with noting the time. This will fail.

At 11:31 AM I play a song through from Roon my my Apple Mac Pro Laptop to the Yggdrasil zone. The song finished at 11:34.

I then went in and change the exclusive mode on the Yggdrasil zone.

I then went played the same song In Roon at 11:38 AM. Roon tries to play the song and sits at 0:00 for a while then it stops playing.

On my server, the Audio Midi setting has changed to 32 bit.

The Schiit Gen 5 USB interface does NOT support 32 bit sample sizes only 24 bit.

I have added a bunch of screen shots to this posting but when I try to add the logs in zip format, it will not allow me to do so. How can I send you my zipped log files?

Thanks!
Jim Murphy

I will be changing the name of my zip files to be .zip.png so that hopefully the logs will load. That failed as well. I will need to be told how to send you log files.