Screen "freezed"

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus / OS 1.0 (227) / Roon Server Software 1.7 (build 571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
After the update of last release of Roon, The screen stay blocked on the following screen (see file attached) after filling User / Password of my Roon Account.

image#2

have you tried a reboot?

Hi @SoundFisher,

For your protection, I’ve edited the image you uploaded to obfuscate your email address.

Hi Ged,

Thanks for your help,

Yes, I Tried both physical (knob at the back of my Nucleus) and logically (using Interface) reboot.

But the problem still remains.

Patrick.

Hi Carl,

Many thanks, I did not care, but you are fully right :slight_smile:

Patrick.

1 Like

Hi All,

In addition,

I have the same problem using either my iPad or Mac Mini.

From the Mac mini I can access to the Nucleus using the “Samba” Linux Command (smb://NUCLEUS). Both iPad and Mac Mini are connected to the Nucleus via a WI Fi to the main Router.

Cat 7 wires from the Router to the Switch, and Cat7 ethernet wire from the Switch to the NUCLEUS.

Patrick

Hi All,

I resume my tests after last update.

1/ I can reach the Nucleus content (Music library), so no Network Problem,

2/ But, from both (iPad + Mac), the Roon remote application cannot connect/talk with the Nucleus software.
A quick red pop up appears (and quickly desapeared), with an error message saying “Error in page loading”; below in the screen i can read “Not any Audio peripheral found”
And the Roon Logo stays blinking at the middle of the screen.

3/ I can reach (thru SMB command) the musical files within my Nucleus.

Any idea ?

Patrick.

Let’s tag Roon’s @support team to follow this up for you.

Hello @SoundFisher, and thanks for your report! Could you please send me a screenshot of what you see in the Web Administration Interface and then try to reboot from there?

Also, could you please elaborate on your network setup for me? Such as what model router you’re using, model switches, if those switches are managed or unmanaged, and if you’ve tried bypassing them temporarily? Thanks!

Hello Nuwriy,

Thanks for your help.

1/ Please find attached a screenshot of the expected “Web Administrator Interface”.

2/ I tried many times to reboot using the upper right red Button, Reboot OK, The problem remains.

3/ I experimented The problem since last Friday after the last proposed Update.

I’ll try your further demands later.

Best Regards
Patrick.

Hi Nuwriy,

Additional technical informations :

1/ My network Setup is such :

• Router : HUAWEY/4G/WI-FI
  • First Switch (Input Signal) : Silent Angel Bonn N8, connected to the Router and my NUCLEUS,
  • Second switch (Output signal) :Silent Angel Bonn N8, connected to my Streamer (Emm Labs NS1).

Both switch (Double Run mode) and peripheral are connected together with cat7 Ethernet wires, as well for the router to the first switch.

I control my Roon NUCLEUS using an iPad (Wi-Fi attachment to the main router).

2/ I tried to bypass the switches, (Direct attachment from router to the RJ45 LAN input of the NUCLEUS). Same problem.

3/ I can access and control the music in direct connection to my streamer : I bypass The NUCLEUS, music copied in a USB Key + McConnect remote application + QOBUZ streaming, using router + both switches in a “double Run connection” without any problem…

Regards.
Patrick.

Hello @SoundFisher

Sometimes, errors like the one you saw can be spurious, but unfortunately in this case there are signs of low level corruption in your database.

This type of error is extremely rare for us and not one that we see often. Our database infrastructure is designed specifically to prevent this type of corruption, and we don’t take this class of issue lightly.

After reviewing the diagnostic I collected, I found a few critical traces pointing to corruption but generally speaking, this means that Roon is reading information from your hard drive that is different from what was originally written, and the database is now unable to load properly.

What’s Next?

If you’ve been making regular backups, my advice would be to install Roon fresh on your Core machine, and roll back to one of your backups. You can use these instructions to do so:

• Stop RoonServer from running in Nucleus’s WebUI
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Database
  • Restore from backup at least a week before issues started

If the database loads properly, your edits, playlists, tags, etc should be intact, and we can confirm everything is performing properly once it’s been restored.

If you do not have any backups, unfortunately, you will need to start with a fresh database.

Again, this class of issue is extremely rare for us and you have our apologies for the trouble here.

1 Like

Hi Nuwriy

SUCCESS :slight_smile:

According to your advices, the RoonServer’s database is reconstructed now, I can currently access to my Music.

Many Thanks for your help.

Patrick.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.