Screen resolution is too small to run Roon (Windows PC)

Hello,
My screen resolution is 2736*1824.
When I scale 100%, that works fine, but it is much too small to read and do anything.
I need to scale 250%, but when I do this I get the error message

“screen resolution too small”
and no way to launch Roon.

All other software I have run at scale 250% with no problem.

Please urgent help, I am new on Roon and am on trial period :wink:
JC

1 Like

Hi @Jean-Claude_Gallard,

Roon requires a resolution of at least 1280x720, and if your scaling factor results in a virtual resolution smaller than that you can see this error.

The best solution is to change the scaling factor for Roon only. To do this, see these instructions:

• In Windows, open the Run dialog (just type Run in the start menu)
  • In the Run dialog, click Browse
  • Navigate to the Application folder of your Roon database
    (this will be something like C:\Users\ [your user name] \AppData\Local\Roon\Application
  • Click Roon.exe
  • Now you should have the correct path in the Run dialog – for me it’s:
    C:\Users\mike\AppData\Local\Roon\Application\Roon.exe
  • Put that path in double-quotes and then add the scale factor modifier to the end – I get this:
    "C:\Users\mike\AppData\Local\Roon\Application\Roon.exe" -scalefactor=2
  • Launch Roon and see if things look better – if not, open the Run dialog, click the little down arrow to find your previous command, and change 2 to something else, like 3, like this:
    "C:\Users\mike\AppData\Local\Roon\Application\Roon.exe" -scalefactor=3
  • Repeat until things are scaled how you’d like
  • Once you find what scale factor works for you, right click the Roon Shortcut and copy the same command (from the Run dialog) into the shortcut’s “Target” field – then Roon should open up with your custom scale factor every time.

Let me know if this helps!

3 Likes

Thanks Dylan,
Sounds very helpful.

I am French… with a French Windows interface…
Do you know the commands (run, browse, etc…) in French?

Also I am not sure where I should type your double quote command with scalefactor please? (your 6th step)

JC

Jean-Claude,
I believe this Microsoft tool will translate computer terminology between languages:

great tool Dylan, thanks!

please where should I write “C:\Users\galla\AppData\Local\Roon\Application\roon.exe” -scalefactor=2
?
when I write this into the browser, it is looking for a web page… and nothing happens…
jc

Dylan,
I got it!! :wink:
that works just fine!
thank you very much, you’re a king!
jc

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.