My screen resolution is 2736*1824.
When I scale 100%, that works fine, but it is much too small to read and do anything.
I need to scale 250%, but when I do this I get the error message
“screen resolution too small”
and no way to launch Roon.
All other software I have run at scale 250% with no problem.
Please urgent help, I am new on Roon and am on trial period
Roon requires a resolution of at least 1280x720, and if your scaling factor results in a virtual resolution smaller than that you can see this error.
The best solution is to change the scaling factor for Roon only. To do this, see these instructions:
- In Windows, open the Run dialog (just type
Run in the start menu)
- In the Run dialog, click Browse
- Navigate to the Application folder of your Roon database
(this will be something like
C:\Users\ [your user name]
- Now you should have the correct path in the Run dialog – for me it’s:
- Put that path in double-quotes and then add the scale factor modifier to the end – I get this:
- Launch Roon and see if things look better – if not, open the Run dialog, click the little down arrow to find your previous command, and change 2 to something else, like 3, like this:
- Repeat until things are scaled how you’d like
- Once you find what scale factor works for you, right click the Roon Shortcut and copy the same command (from the Run dialog) into the shortcut’s “Target” field – then Roon should open up with your custom scale factor every time.
Let me know if this helps!
Sounds very helpful.
I am French… with a French Windows interface…
Do you know the commands (run, browse, etc…) in French?
Also I am not sure where I should type your double quote command with scalefactor please? (your 6th step)
I believe this Microsoft tool will translate computer terminology between languages:
great tool Dylan, thanks!
please where should I write “C:\Users\galla\AppData\Local\Roon\Application\roon.exe” -scalefactor=2
when I write this into the browser, it is looking for a web page… and nothing happens…
I got it!!
that works just fine!
thank you very much, you’re a king!
This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.