Screen resolution

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I always get a message stating that screen resolution is too small to run Roon but…my resolution is 1920 x 1080. What’s going on?

You probably have your scaling set to higher than 100%. Check and see and if so, change the scaling to 100 and see.

Hi @cary_vokes,

Can you please check your scaling settings and let me know if setting it to 100% changes anything with regard to the issue?

Same problem here. I am using an HP notebook with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 on a 13" screen. 200% is the recommended scaling in Windows, anything lower makes many other apps unusable, but at this setting Roon refuses to run unless it is full screen. We don’t buy dedicated hardware to run Roon clients, it should play nicely on PCs at their default settings; expecting your customers to compromise everything else really isn’t reasonable.

Hi @Nick_Cassidy,

What kind of graphics card do you have installed in your PC? Can you share a screenshot of your Device Manager with the display adapter info?

It’s the standard on board graphics. The driver is old, but it’s the latest one.

Hi @Nick_Cassidy,

Please see Danny’s explanation here for why this issue occurs:

And the workaround mentioned by Mike to set a specific scale-factor for Roon here:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.