Scrolling causes loss of connection

Roon Core Machine

Apple MacBook Pro 2021 16GB Monterey 12.6.2

Networking Gear & Setup Details

No VPN, wired Ethernet from modem to Nucleus/ TP link router, don’t know name of switch, Wi/Fi from my laptop (controlling device) to Nucleus

Connected Audio Devices

Nucleus to Aqua Linq
running HQPlayer module

Number of Tracks in Library

37870 (classical music so long tracks)

Description of Issue

When I scroll to look at library Roon quits, music stops, Waiting for Roon Core message appears, then “lost connection”, then the little doom sign, then a wait, then the library eventually reappears. So I have to do a search for an album and cannot look at the library if I am playing something. This is an issue on my laptop but not on an iPad.

Not being rude but this sounds funny , you have a Nucleus but are using the Mac as the core and presumably the Nucleus as an end point to your DAC ? What is downstream of the Aqua Link ?

I would have thought the Nucleus as Core and the Mac Book as the Control point

maybe this helps

https://roon.app/en/how-roon-works

Sorry. You are of course correct. I talk to the Nucleus with my Mac. From Nucleus music on SSD goes to Aqua LinQ streamer, Aqua Formula DAC, (all of above connected with ethernet cables), PSAudio BHK pre-amp, McIntosh power amps, Sonus Faber speakers.

Reinstall Roon on your Mac. See this post from another community member for instructions to remove any residual folders: Help needed removing Roon Core artifacts from iMac - #5 by Martin_Webster

If it works on your iPad this is an issue with that specific client.

I did reinstall Roon earlier. I will look at the post about the folders. Thank you.

Deleting the app but not removing the configuration files will do nothing.

Have you tried a “cold restart” -

Turn Everything off, network , etc Everything (Think power cut)
Brew Tea
Start Modem
Start Router
Brew Tea
Start Nucleus

Start Hi Fi

You drink a lot of tea but all connections settle down in order

Just a thought :sunglasses:

Yes have done that, on purpose but also with power cuts!

Hi @Susan_Tyler,

Ben with the support team here, thanks for taking the time to write in and you have my apologies for the delay in getting to your thread.

If possible, could you please reproduce this issue and share the date,time, and track playing when the issue occurs?

I’ll be on standby for your reply. Thanks!

It is with ANY track playing, any time, any date, just caused by scrolling. I missed your reply here until now. I avoid any scrolling while playing. It is when playing the main system and managing it with my laptop, so laptop as remote for Nucleus. If I play out of my computer speakers it is okay. So it looks like a communication issue.

In the TP-Link router, assign two different SSID (name) for WiFi 2.4GHz and 5GHz. In the laptop, try connecting to each of the WiFi bands individually and see if the problem occurs with one band but not the other.

1 Like

Tried that but didn’t seem to help, however it happens less quickly just now. It is obviously something about the wifi environment unless other people also experience it.

Move the MacBook away from the WiFi router, but no more than one wall.

Alternatively, try connecting the MacBook to the network via a network cable, using an adapter if necessary.

I’m afraid I can’t do either of those things. Just stuck with it.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.