Scrolling causing loss of connection

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

I have a recurrent issue with scrolling. My setup is a Nucleus connected via ethernet controlled by Roon apps on my iOS devices and MacBook Air (via a wifi connection). Almost every time I scroll down My Albums view (I have approx 5k albums) I lose connection to Roon and have to reconnect. I try to make sure I don’t scroll too fast but that doesn’t seem to be the issue. Also, it doesn’t appear to be related to new builds as the issue has been there for a while.
Everything else with Roon has been more or less perfect but this issue is frustrating.

I think this is a bug on Roon Remote for iOS - I have the same, I don’t think it loose connection - the iOS Roon Remote just crash.

I have around 11070 albums and 162381 tracks currently in my library.

That may be right but I also experience the problem using MacOS on my MacBook Air so it can’t be limited to iOS.

Hey @Peter_Simmons1,

Thank you for taking the time to write in and allow us the chance to help! You also have my sincerest apologies for the delay in us replying to you. We’ve made some recent changes internally with the team which resulted in a longer delay in responding to some threads.

If possible, could you fill out the necessary details in your original post? I have copied what setup information the support team needs to better assist in getting things up and running for you.

Does this issue only happen when scrolling through the album’s view? If you haven’t already, the first thing to do is give your router, core, and remotes a hard reboot.

• Can you please try completely powering off your remotes, core, then router
  • Unplug the power cable for your core, and router, and let it sit for a few minutes
  • Plug back in and reboot your router, core, and remotes respectively

After re-connecting, let me know if your issue persists. I will be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

Thanks, Ben. I have to say that, since Build 970, the scrolling issue has - if not completely disappeared - diminished greatly as a problem. There might still be an issue to do with the speed of scrolling but that is easy to live with.

1 Like

That’s great to hear @Peter_Simmons1!

Our team is actively investigating scrolling issues aside from the new update, so definitely let me know if you run into anything scrolling related in the future.

I’ll go ahead and close this ticket for now, but feel free to reach out if anything changes :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.