Search Chinese Characters doesn’t work

Roon Core Machine

OS: Linux 5.15.0-67-generic #74-Ubuntu SMP Wed Feb 22 14:14:39 UTC 2023 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Machine:
Model: Virtual machine in Intel NUC10i5FNH
CPU: i5-10210U
RAM: 32G
Roon Core version: 2.0 build 1234
Roon Remote version: 2.0 1219 (iOS 16.3.1)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Switch: Unifi US-8-60W
WiFi: Unifi UAP-FlexHD
Router: OPNsense

Connected Audio Devices

Raspberry pi 4+ HiFiBerry DAC HD

Number of Tracks in Library

6,000 tracks

Description of Issue

I cannot find the tracks with names in Traditional Chinese Characters.
For example: 絃舞

And I do have it in my local library.

1 Like

I found another strange behavior. If I type “絃舞I” in the search field, then the correct tracks could be found. There should be something wrong with the search string manipulation or the search algorithm in roon.

I am facing this as well. When I search for 孙凰 in roon I get no results, however if I search directly in the Qobuz app I can find them.

Additionally it would be a great feature to be able to group artist names. For example that same artist also appears in the Qobuz library as Huang Sun.

I think that the search algorithm may wrongly limit the characters to at least 3 for local library.

If I search for 茉莉, the tracks named 茉莉花 in my local library are not found. But if I search for 茉莉花, then the tracks are correctly found.

On the other hand, it seams different algorithms are used in local library search and Tidal search. Even I search for 茉莉, tracks named 茉莉花 in Tidal are found.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.