Search does not show track in my library

I have the track “Everything” from the album “Comfort” by Maya Jane Coles in my library (source is Qobuz in this case, don’t know if that matters).

When I enter “everything” in search this is my result. Why is the track missing?

There are lots of tracks in the world that contain the word “everything” in the name. Did you try clicking the More button on the right of the Tracks section or the Library button (to only get library results) that’s top right on the search results page?

1 Like

Thanks. I see that the library button is needed in order to show the track if the track is not a favorite.

When I have favorited the track then it displays under tracks in the first search results in the section tracks.

I guess I’d prefer a higher priority of my library tracks in the search results, but ok.

I agree that there is more than one equally valid preference for what should get higher priority in results. This may differ between persons but even the same person will have different preferences depending on current scenario. Sometimes I may want to find things I don’t know, sometimes things I know / have in my library.

Arguably the Roon search would need preference settings for that. I think the way it works now is that it tries to find some medium, and if you only want library results you are expected to click the library button.

If I know that something is in my library, I typically use the filter options and not the search.

There is a long-running search thread where you could add your feedback. I think Roon monitors this even if they don’t respond to everything

2 Likes

Someone has already pointed out, everything is a very vague term, and entering f.e. everything maya coles helps it narrow down the result. At the moment, the only factor that might get it to show up is that it’s in your library. We have about 400k tracks in the search index containing that term. In the future, hopefully, we’ll add more personalization factors that might help boost such tracks.

You can also display library-only results in the top right section of the search page.

1 Like

A single word search is indeed very vague to search with but why does an exact match end up 9th on the library list behind more complex titles?