Search Function and Double Tracks

I have a Rock but it is essentially the same…
Once you go to the Setup/Configure you should see something like

Tap/click the IP address shown.

That gets you to the Web interface screen. There should be a big red button top right…

That should do it.

If all else fails, turn the power off and on. You won’t break it.

Ok. I hate to be a pest, most issues have been resolved, but the “duplicate” track is still a problem, at least for one set of discs, the Sgt. Pepper 50th anniversary set of 4 CDs. For one thing, Roon has decided to put all CD’s under 1 album, rather than separate them as it did for the White Album. That’s not such a problem, as I can click disc 1, 2 or 3 to see those discs individually. But disc 4 brings up 31 tracks for this 19-track disc. The “duplicates” appear to come from discs 1 and 3, based on the durations. Presumably if I could tell Roon to disaggregate the 4 discs into separate albums that might solve the problem. Is there a way to do that? Or some other alternative to make disc 4 contain only the tracks that are actually on that disc? I’ve added a screen shot to indicate what disc 4 looks like on the Roon.

You’re not a pest at all, we’re all happy to help.

Is your Beatles album the same as the super deluxe edition? Try identifying the album manually (see here) and find a better match. I think Sgt Pepper version no. 12 looks promising.

Roon continues to have problems with multi-disc sets, breaking them apart into several albums, each containing only 1 or 2 discs in the set., or even breaking up individual CDs from the set into separate “mini-albums.” Sometimes after I’ve merged the various “mini-albums” together to create the total multi-disc set on one album, and I edit to find “Identify Album,” I get a message in red on the bottom of the screen that x number of tracks don’t match. On the right side it says “Match your files with the correct metadata track” and then identifies the tracks below it inside boxes. In the current multi-disc set I am working on, all of the track names in the “match your files” right column match all of the track names in the left column. The only difference is that some of the tracks listed in the right column boxes have a red circled exclamation point and then the duration of the track in red. Not sure what this means or what I’m supposed to do about it. For each of the tracks with the red lettering, I only downloaded one version of the track on one CD, so I don’t know why there would be two versions of the same track with 2 different durations.

You can probably ignore it. For the release that you are matching against, there will be timing information for each track and Roon checks that this is within some tolerance (a few seconds, can’t remember exactly) when deciding on which release to match.

You can override this, and if the release looks good otherwise, you should. If it’s wrong, then simply go round the loop again with a different candidate.

Now, why are you having so much trouble? When you ripped the album did you specify the correct disc numbers in the metadata? It’s not crucial, but it does help if you’ve got it right.

It’s possible, no matter what, to fix the grouping after the fact using the Fix track grouping for an album. See here in Roon’s KB.

Thanks Brian. I will continue to demonstrate my novice status by asking what you mean by specifying the correct disc numbers in the metadata when I ripped the album. I’m not sure how to do that. All I did was download/burn my CDs into iTunes in my iMac, without specifying anything–I just assumed the disc had all necessary info encoded in it, and that iTunes, and ultimately Roon, would pick that up. I then transferred the music tracks from iTunes to an external SSD and attached that to the Roon nucleus.

No matter, as I said, it isn’t crucial, but we may need to play around with a metadata tagger later…

What happened when you went ahead and identified the album ignoring the red circles?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.