Search not working after latest update

Roon Core Machine

Intel PC Celeron J1900 CPU
4GB RAM, Win10 Pro 32-bit version

Networking Gear & Setup Details

PC connected via gigabit ethernet to Cisco SG110D-08 router.
Music stored on Synology DS214 NAS

Connected Audio Devices

Lumin X1, Roon Remote on iPad Pro (2021) and Samsung S20 FE

Number of Tracks in Library

35,000 tracks plus using Qobuz.

Description of Issue

Search not working after latest update. All I get after I type in a search is the Roon squid. Doesn’t matter if local files or via Qobuz. I’ve rebooted core, router, and iPad & Android phone. I also tried logging out of Qobuz and Roon Core. Problem remains. I can search no problem via other apps including Lumin and Linn. Not a network issue that I can see. Issue is the software or perhaps it’s a regional issue.

Maybe your computer is below the required specs. Search works for me with Dell XPS 15, i7, and 32GB Ram. You seem to have problems after every Roon update.

Per Roon Labs…

Typical Usage

For libraries that contain fewer than 100,000 tracks, with moderate DSP and multiroom usage, the following specifications will typically be sufficient:

Device Type OS Version CPU RAM Drive
Nucleus Latest Roon OS N/A N/A N/A
ROCK Latest Roon OS See supported NUCs 4GB SSD
PC Windows 10 Intel Core i3 8GB SSD
Mac macOS 10.14+ Intel Core i3 8GB SSD
Linux Latest Ubuntu or Arch distro Intel Core i3 4GB SSD

No, not below spec. Roon otherwise runs perfectly fine. I see others with higher spec’d machines with same problem. Have only had a couple issues with updates which were promptly resolved with following update. Pretty good average considerig updates are coming every couple weeks or so. It’s possibly a regional issue or something fundamental changed in last update that affects certain configurations.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Search not returning results since updating to Build 952 [Ticket in - Roon Invetigating]

Hi @Paul_Candy,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. Unfortunately as @Jim_F mentioned your system doesn’t meet the minimum requirements for running Roon. You can find more information on System Recommendations in this article from our Help Center.

This may not be the cause for the issue you’ve reported here but you may have problems with that machine as your library grows. You may want to consider moving your Core to a more robust platform if you continue to have issues moving forward. Thanks!

What is it with you guys when someone reports a problem you respond that it’s a problem on the user end? I disagree. I’ve been running Roon on this PC without issue, other than noted below, for the last 2 years. It runs lightning fast. There’s many others with the same unit (Fidelizer Nimitra) also running Roon. Something changed in last update that is affecting certain configurations. Only time I’ve had an issue was with an update last December due to a change in .NET framework which was subsequently fixed in the following update after the designer of this unit notified you guys of the issue. You can see several post from users have the same issue with search not working among other problems all stemming from build 952. Maybe start looking there first.

A marginal computer may work on one Roon version, but not the next. Your underpowered Roon core device may or may not be the problem.

I just tested the Roon search on my Dell laptop and it works perfectly for me. It always has. So, it’s either a regional problem or specific to certain setups.

Based on the details I’m seeing of other users on this forum reporting the same problem, meeting spec isn’t the issue. Further up this thread there’s a user with an I5 with 8gb ram where search doesn’t work either. Again, something changed in the last update.