Searching for Roon OS core never completes

Thanks for the suggestions.

Here’s what I have discovered.

• My Roon core will output to the KEF speakers via USB if I start the VPN after loading Roon, but not the other way around.

• Roon works fine on some PCs with the same VPN software running but not on others.

• The problem of Roon being sometimes unable to output to USB speakers appeared long before I started using VPN software.

Customers always feel disappointed when one software manufacturer blames the other and vice versa, and both leave the customer feeling helpless.

Another user in the #tinkering forum asked a similar question that no Roon staff member has answered:

Another good question for Roon is: How can the conflict be attributed to just NordVPN when it does not disable audio devices and playback on different PCs using Windows and the same versions of Roon and a VPN?

I have avoided asking questions in these forums when problems arise because of a tendency for Roon staff to talk down to their customers, who are simply trying to get the unreliable Roon software to work.

For less money than Roon charges for an annual subscription, Microsoft offers more software, huge OneDrive storage and 24-hour support that includes a real person calling you and fixing your issue in real time.

No wonder Roon subscribers frequently feel aggrieved on these ‘support’ pages.

1 Like