I definitely recommend checking out my post here for the latest on this investigation.
Thanks for the details above! As mentioned in the post I linked to above, we have a fix for an issue that is causing poor performance like you’re seeing that is currently in testing. With that in mind, some additional details on what you’re experiencing would be a great data point!
First, can you confirm that this slow behavior occurs with all remote devices?
Moving forward, the next time that you’re in this state where things seem slow, I was hoping you could perform the following test. Please make a note of the time that you start the test and how long each step takes:
- Run a speed test here and report your results in your response
- Open Overview page.
- Open Discover page.
- Perform a search for “The Beatles”.
- Open “The Beatles” artist page.
- Open the “Help!” album page.
- Start playback of “Help!” (how long does it take before it plays?).
- Search for “Daft Punk”.
- Open the “Daft Punk” artist page.
- Open the “Random Access Memories” album page.
- Start playback of “Random Access Memories”.
Respond here with the times for each and the time that you started (and your timezone). I’ll pass these results along to the team to aid in their investigation.