Searching Qobuz in Roon

I have often encountered similar issues to the o/p. Very frustrating. Surely it would be reasonable that when you are in the Qobuz page in Roon that the search is passed through to Qobuz.

2 Likes

I very much do hope this finally gets stable.
@mike Any status, timeline on this?
People need to be able to rely on Roon. Like driving a car with broken brakes doesn’t feel good or work out long enough.

1 Like

OK, so here’s a concrete example. If you search for the composer Luigi Gatti in Qobuz there are four albums, if you conduct the same search in Roon you find only two even though I am subscribed to qobuz in Roon. My thought is that this must be some kind of database update latency, but that’s just a guess. Bottom line it decreases the value of Roon.

The discrepancy seems to be caused by the fact that in the Qobuz app, Luigi Gatti is only classified as an Artist, while in Roon the search returns him correctly classified as Composer.

I agree that there’s room for improvement here.

Today’s example. There’s a recent DG release of Daniel Barenboim and Marta Argerich playing some Debussy. If I search for “Debussy Barenboim Argerich” in Qobuz, it finds both the CD and HiRes versions, along with another cd. Smashing,

Same search in Roon doesn’t find it.

Though if I change the search to include the name of the work and drop the Argerich Roon finds it. “Debussy Fantaisie Barenboim”

Perplexing, I can come up with all sorts of reasons why this might happen, but no good ones.

1 Like

How can a search in Roon be done just showing results from Qobuz?

It can’t be done (AFAIK) at the moment. The global Search returns results from both your library and the integrated streaming services that you subscribe to.

While you can filter the results to show just what is present in your library, you can’t do the opposite - filter the results to show just what is available in the streaming services.

So you see how urgent it is to solve this. Having Roon with Tidal & Qobuz makes it quite useless to use when looking for Qobuz only search results which many tend to use.

Did we lose the feature that used to allow you to see “versions” when you looked at a specific album. I have not been able to find this feature since 2.0. It would tell me whether a library item was from Qobuz, Tidal or my local library. In a related matter when you create playlists it would be great if they could be identified as existing either locally in Roon or on the streaming service. I had created a number of playlists entailing a good bit of effort on Roon, thinking they were also on Qobuz since I was exclusively using Qobuz sourced material. But it turns out they were all local on Roon and when I changed cores and tried to run a restore, it failed and I lost all my playlists!

1 Like

Yes it’s still present nothing has changed here.

As @CrystalGipsy says, it’s still there in version 2.0. If there are no versions for an album in your library, the tab won’t be displayed, and it is never displayed if you are looking at the album in your streaming service (Tidal and/or Qobuz).

Is this true? If I search for an album in Roon, I get three versions when I have the album locally and within connected Qobuz and within connected TIDAL.

I think you’re right, and I was mistaken. I was looking at an album that happens to have no other version available.

1 Like

Searching on Roon this afternoon, using the three words Haydn Creation Jacobs I’ve got about 20 versions of that album, but nothing with that conductor.
On the Qobuz’s app, direct, however, that version does come up using those same criteria and after adding it as a favourite there, It’s subsequently appeared in my library in Roon as it should do.
Roons big boast is its cataloguing abilities so this is not really very good.
This is arguably Haydns, most recognised album and the jacobs version which dates from 2009 is the one recommended by BBC’s building a library, so this is not some obscure thing.
The point of course is a general one, but this is a specific example, pointing to a more general problem

1 Like

Having just said that at least Roon does synchronise with the other apps it’s not now doing so. added another couple of albums to favourites in Qobuz, because it’s easier there, and found they pop up quickly in the naim app, having opened and closed all the apps a few times, they are still not appearing in Roon

The sync here isnt instant as its not using the API like the Naim app what you see in Roon is from Roons servers not Qobuz. It has to sync to Roons servers from Qobuz then to your core. Roon core only syncs at regular intervals not sure the exact timing maybe once or twice an hour maybe more, but you can force a sync at any time by going into the Services menu in settings and hitting Sync Library Now.