Selecting multiple tracks in a playlist to remove them

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro (1903 build 18362.145 on an HP Envy 17 laptop, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD (System) + 1TB SSD (Data), Roon Version 1.6 build 416 64 bit stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus TM AC1900 router, core system connected via ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
N/A

Description Of Issue

How is it possible to select multiple tracks from a playlist, in the playlist view, to remove them as a group from the playlist? I can’t find anyway to remove a track from a playlist other than individually which requires me to click on the edit button on the right, select “Remove from playlist” and then mouse over to the confirm dialog because, unlike every other Windows application in the world since forever, the UI doesn’t regard a press of “Enter” on the keyboard as equivalent to clicking on the “Yes” button in the confirmation dialog. There doesn’t seem to be any other way to remove content from a playlist other than one track at a time which seems insane if true.

Doesn’t right click then shift-click work for you?

Right-click on one of the tracks you want to remove. You should see a rectangle wth “Remove” in it in the upper right corner. You can then click - you can just use regular click - on the other tracks to be deleted and click the Remove button. There is also an X next to Remove that will undo all the selections in case you want to start all over or a right-click on a selected track will de-select just it. Pretty simple and straightforward.

Hi @Robert_Lowe,

As suggested above, you can use Right-Click to select multiple tracks at once for removal. You can also use Shift + Right-Click to select a group of tracks all at once.

Once you have the tracks selected, click the 3 dots in the upper-left corner and choose Remove From Playlist (or just choose Remove in the upper-right):

@dylan @Stan_Jones @BrianW Okay, I must freely confess I somehow completely missed this. I went through the community support and KB before posting and I did not see anything that covered this but clearly it works. Thank you for all of your responses, sorry to raise a red herring issue.

No problem. And for reference… how to select

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.