Selecting multiple tracks within a single album to be edited, the fields in the track editor window for ‘recording start date’ and ‘recording end date’ are not editable [Fixed via Roon update]

Roon Core Machine

Mac mini late 2012
Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 10 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Startup Disc SSD
MacOS Mojave 10.14.6
Roon version 1.8 (933 build)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

My Mac mini connected to internet by ethernet cableMy and has a 4 TB Hard Drive with music files connected by USB cable.

Connected Audio Devices

Roon Remote on MacBook Pro connected by ethernet cable with details below
MacBook Pro late 2013
Processor 2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
MacOS Big Sur 11.6.5
Roon version 1.8 (933 build)

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

When selecting multiple tracks within a single album to be edited, the fields in the track editor window for ‘recording start date’ and ‘recording end date’ are not editable.

None of the other fields within the track editor window seem to be affected (ie., all others seem to work fine), and this does not occur when editing a single track. It only occurs when editing multiple tracks.

I recall that before that previously (several months ago) selecting multiple tracks within a single album to be edited, the ‘recording start date’ and ‘recording end date’ were editable. What has happened?

I have attached a picture that the user named Jordan produced which is very clear and so apologies Jordan for plagiarising your work.

Hi, @mel_collard, thank you for the report. We have an open ticket about this issue in our bug tracking system. I hope it will be resolved soon.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Ivan

1 Like

Hi Ivan, thank you for responding to my query and I look forward to hearing from you further. Regards, Mel Collard

This topic will shortly close. Please advise if the issue can be resolved or not. I am waiting to hear from you.

Hi @mel_collard ,

There is a ticket regarding this issue, I see that changes have been made and the ticket is in QA testing. Once it passes testing, it will be released to a public Roon build, hopefully soon.

Hi Roon Labs
I see that you have resolved this problem which is a great and thank you.
Mel

1 Like

Hi @mel_collard ,

Thanks for letting us know that the Roon update resolved the issue on your end, this is great news indeed!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.