Selecting songs (Qobuz album)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Win 10-64 bit pro. Roon 1.7 (511)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus DSL-AC68U (AI Mesh)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

SMSL M500 USB

Description Of Issue

Clicking play icon (to the left of the title track), jumps to and plays the next song.

This is happening on a number of albums and seems to be confined to the first track. I can get the track to play by clicking the body of the song title and then clicking the “Play now” button.

Clicking “Play now” to the right of the main album art, plays the 2nd track.

Thanks.

Hi @Daren_Peacock, can you try rebooting the Roon Core (on Win 10) to see if that helps.

Hi @Daren_Peacock,

Any change if you play to a different endpoint, like System Output?

Does this happen for local content as well or is it only Qobuz?

How to I go about rebooting the Roon core? Sorry I’ve looked for a solution but no-one seems to spell it out…

Does it mean ‘disconnect’?

It behaves the same with System Output. I don’t really play local. The TIDAL version is fine.

Here is some further info. The first and the highlighted tracks won’t play unless I do the workaround. Notice the fav heart is replaced by a circle with a diagonal line through it.

Reboot; Shutdown and restart the Windows PC, then restart Roon.

The problem persists.

That means you have banned it from playing unless specifically selected.
Click on that icon to turn it back to the outline of a heart.

See https://kb.roonlabs.com/Favorites

Yes that’s resolved it. They are meant to be my favs on the album so perhaps too many clicks?

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Good to hear, posting that screenshot was the key to understanding what was going on.

I’ve been thinking how this could have happened and have followed a hunch.

Low and behold I’ve replicated the issue.

If a track is unfavourited under Library/Tracks, it is banned. Just a single click required. I realise that this is normal behaviour because when I hover over the heart, a pop up displays “Favorite or ban this track”. So deselecting a favourite bans the track. This is not what I would expect, as intuitively I’m just deselecting a favourite. Why would I want to ban a track that I added as a favourite in the first place? If I get sick of a track I simply want to remove it as a favourite. What is the logic of banning it instead in this particular context?

I accept that I’m only displaying the favourites and toggling the heart displays all tracks, some of which you might want banned, but surely it is best to have a 3 way toggle (fav/unfav/ban)?

1 Like

Hi, I just tried that …

In tracks filter by favorite, then click on the heart icon of a track.
The track is no longer displayed … and the user thinks all is well.
However, track is now marked a banned (because it’s a 3 way toggle) and not unfavorited which is what the user desired.

I agree, this seems like a bad UI workflow … tagging @support to get their input on this.

Hi @Daren_Peacock,

Thanks for the feedback, it’s much appreciated! I’ll be sure to get this in front of the team.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.