Server shows "initializing" - Android app can't connect

Maybe a solution!!! (Seems to have worked for me/us …)

Hi everyone.
I only recently (4 weeks ago) joined the roon/rock fan community. I stumbled upon this thread when I experienced the same issue as discussed here. I run rock an a NUC i7, remote controls are two Windows 10 laptops, 4 android mobiles and one android tablet. I faced the same issues with the andoid devices (all of them!) trying to connect them to the core as are described here. All the devices showed that behaviour. We use Samsung phones with Android Versions 4.5 up to 6. The (noname) tablet runs on Nougat (Version 7) , I believe.

The problems seem to have stopped after a very simple change in the core settings: I enabled the wifi setting (which by default is disabled). I connected the core to all the three different wifi networks we run and left it set to one of it. The lan is still connected and enabled. Streaming still is viaLAN.
Result: For over a week now the problems stopped. All the devices are able to connect. Sometimes it takes about 15 sec but in the end the device will find the core and connect to it.
Testing I have done (to disturb the connection process on purpose) include switching on/off/rebooting in different sequences/successions. Everthing works.

Maybe this is unique case (because the solution seems so simple) and can not be transferred to everyone, but I thought I’d post the experience anyway. Maybe it works for the one or the other here and helps to get rid of that bug.

Cheers!

2 Likes