Server software does not recognize my SonicTransporter

The Roon server software does not show up on my Mac network.

I just had my Sonic transporter Operating system upgraded to version 2.9. The Sonic transport physically shows up on the network, but the Roon server software does not show up on my network in the audio section of their settings menu. The only audio settings access is for my Mac computer.

Can anyone help this frustrated Roon user.

Well, you might be running RoonServer on your Mac and have Roon connected to your Mac RoonServer instead of the Sonic Transporter.

If you go to Settings/General what does it say is the RoonServer you are connected to?

[Edit, moderator removed due to personal information in screenshot]

RoonServer is called MusicPlayer.

this is what my roon server looks like

Is MusicPlayer the name of your SonicTransporter and is that the SonicTransporter’s IP address?

This is just to check what server your client is attached to. If it is, then, if you could post a screen pic of
Settings / Audio

hope this helps

Hi Jeffery,

I think there is some confusion as that is the same pic as before and not a pic of Settings / Audio. BTW, please do not post pics with your email address visible. Edit them out prior to posting.

Also, you didn’t answer the question I asked previously:

Is MusicPlayer the name of your SonicTransporter PC and is that the SonicTransporter’s IP address?

You would not find the answer to that question in the Roon software but, in the Sonic Transporter setup.

Yes the sonictransporter is named musicplayer, and the IP address is the 192.168.11.112. I
used the IP scanner to get the IP address verification

I want to resend the screenshot to verify

@Jeffrey_Sykes1, I removed your first screenshot as it has personal information in it. As @Rugby noted, please do not post screenshots with email addresses or other information that can be used by harmful actors.

What happens if you select the “Connect” option to your MusicPlayer Roon Server?

the software does not select the musicplayer but goes directly to the macintosh coreaudio

thanks for covering my backside, by removing any personal information

1 Like

Hey @Jeffrey_Sykes1,

Thanks for writing in and for your patience so far - I was able to pull your account up and see that your Sonictransporter running Roon Server was online and active recently, are you still having issues connecting to it?

I’ll be on standby for your status :+1: