Set-up Web Admin interface

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Synology DS 718+II, DSM 6.2.2-24922 Update 4

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Interface running on iMAC, connected to Synology DS

via Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Raumfeld Teufel Connector and speaker. All working fine when streaming.

Description Of Issue
In order to extract CDs directly to roon I want to set up the web admin interface. Under “System/Configure Roon OS devices” there is no device (i.e. no web admin IP) found. Search goes on forever.

Hi @Christian_Muller-Sch,

To clarify, are you using a Nucleus or ROCK device? You mention above that your Core machine is a Synology. The Web UI and ripping features are only available for devices using Roon OS.

I am running Roon OS on the DS. What is a ROCK device?

sorry, wrong screenshot.

There is no Web UI for Roon Server on any supported OS. The Web UI is part of the OS and thus only available for the Nucleus(+) hardware from Roon Labs (that comes with it’s own Linux based OS) or devices that run ROCK (a slightly modified version of the OS used on the Nucleus(+) that enables users to build their own Nucleus(+)-like appliances).

If you really need/want to use your NAS for directly ripping CDs then the Roon Extension: CD Ripper looks like a way you can try.

Thanks but this looks quite complicated. I have to install Docker first. Where? On my iMac? Or on the NAS?

Looks like it would be better to use a ripper on my iMac and transfer the FLAC files manually to the NAS. Can you recommend a ripper for the Mac?

Take a look at this thread: CD ripping software questions-reposted

fine, thanks for your help!
Chris

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.