Setting up for the 1st time a nuc

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC 11 Pro Tall H Series Mini PC Call to confirm stock

SKU: Intel NUC 11 Pro H Series 1
Barebone
1 x Intel NUC11TNHi5 NUC Pro i5-1135G7 11th Gen 4.20 GHz 4 Core 8 Thread 8MB Cache

SKU: 10000426
Memory Slot 1
1 x 8GB DDR4 SODIMM

SKU: 14000021
Memory Slot 2
1 x 8GB DDR4 SODIMM

SKU: 14000021
Hard Drive Slot 1
1 x 256GB Gen 3 NVMe M.2 SSD - Lexar

SKU: 13000059

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TP-Link Archer 2800 modem/router
To set up the nuc I have connected via hdmi to an A/V reciever. This all appeares to be working ok and I can see on the main page that the nuc hard drives etc appear to be installed properly. No VPN etc

Connected Audio Devices

none at the moment

Number of Tracks in Library

N/A

Description of Issue

I’m very new to all this. I’m not sure which BIOS I need to down load and install. I tried to install TNTGL357.0069.EBU.exe with no luck. I’m not sure that this is the right download.
Could you give instructions for dummies as to how to get this NUC bios updated and installing ROCK.
I’m sure that this has been asked many times. I am able to follow the set up instructions as long as the nuc behaves as expected.
Thank you for your anticipated help

I’m afraid there is an issue. You are trying to install ROCK on an 11th generation Intel NUC. This is NOT possible at the moment, because ROCK requires the legacy BIOS to install - which the 11th generation NUCs do not have.

You do not need to update the BIOS either.

Until ROCK has been updated to install using the modern BIOS, you could use the NUC for your Roon Core by installing Windows or Linux as your operating system, and then installing the relevant version of Roon.

Have you seen this article?

Sorry, didn’t notice you had a GEN11 NUC. As @Geoff_Coupe says you can’t run ROCK on that, yet.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.