Setting up Roon with Bel Canto REFStream

Hello, I just downloaded Roon but my Bel Canto REFStream (and Bel Canto DAC 2.7) aren’t showing up as “networked” devices when I look at the Roon Settings/Audio/Networked menu. I’m running Roon on a Mac Mini. Any advice?

Is the Bel Canto REFStream Roon compatible? From just cursory research, I see that it supports UPnP/DLNA. However, Roon uses RAAT, its own proprietary protocol.

AJ

Roon does not use UPNP/DLNA for streaming. To be abler to use a DAC that’s not Roon Ready you need to use a device like Raspberry Pi, ODROID etc. and install Roon Bridge on it. It then attaches to your network and DAC and Roon will be able to stream to it.

https://kb.roonlabs.com/RoonBridge

Got it–thanks for the reply! I’ll touch base with Bel Canto as well to see if they have any plans for a firmware upgrade.

Jeff

1 Like

Jeff, did you have any joy with this? The REFStream is listed on the Roon site but it doesn’t show up on my network.

1 Like

Well, long time since this post was updated. I’d love to know if there is a more current firmware version than what I have on my newly acquired (to me) REFStream. UPnP sounds terrific throughout mconnect, but I’d love to use Roon. Anyone have a firmware more up to date than v1.11.

This topic was automatically closed after 21 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.