Setting up Roon with Mac Mini

Here’s an update. I was having problems with Roon intermittently losing connection with my Aries so I took it out of the system. Things seem to be working, but when using Exclusive mode on the Mac mini the max upsampling I can get is 48k via the usb output. In that mode, I thought Roon was controlling all audio manipulation. If so why can’t I get any higher upsampling rates? Nothing in the Audio Midi settings does anything.
Another question, How can you make sure Roon is doing the first fold in MQA?
Thanks.

Hi @Bob_Collins,

Are you using the native DAC driver to output to the zone or are you using System Output?

Can you please share a screenshot of your Device Setup ? Device setup can be accessed by right-clicking the zone in the zone picker (bottom right) then pressing Device Setup.

Please click on “Show Advanced” and share a screenshot of what you see there, it should look something like this:

Device%20Setup%20-%20Menu

Hi Noris,
Not sure what happened, but I was making all kinds of changes yesterday. When I turned on the Mac today to get a screen shot for you, suddenly everything is upsampling to 192k. Not even sure what I did or if this is the best way to set it up?
I’m trying to send a couple of screen shots a well, hope it works.

Here is my signal path.

Hi @Bob_Collins,

Thanks for sharing those screenshots, yes it looks to be set up as expected. MQA also looks like it’s being unfolded (in the “MQA Core Decoder” line) so all is well in that regard too.

You can leave sample rate conversion turned on, and this will upsample all your content to 192Khz. Some users prefer to have this kind of up-sampling and some users prefer to keep the native rate, it’s just a matter of personal preference.

For more information regarding DSP up-sampling you can refer to our Roon’s DSP Engine Documentation.

Since everything is working as expected here, can I go ahead and close this case?

Yes, and thank you for all the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.