Setup for NAS, iTunes, and Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus (new unopened in box), MacBook Pro used for setup, control, etc.

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
sonic internet, Eero wifi, Netgear ethernet switches, NAS: QNAP HS-453DX 2TB SSD configured RAID1
TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
soon to be bel canto e.One stream (currently squeezebox)

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue

I have the new NAS most of the way set up but I can’t quite figure out access from the MacBook to the NAS volume I created for music files and I generally need help getting my iTunes library and music files over from a soon to be retired Mac Mini in such a way that they will be accessible to the MacBook (actually 2 MacBooks) and Roon Nucleus. I know there are several tangled issues here but I am hoping for a small miracle. Thanks.

Hi @john_Busch,

Just to clarify here — You are wanting to move your iTunes library to the NAS (not yet accessing anything from the Nucleus) correct?

There is a discussion here on the Apple forums that should be helpful.

Yes, initially, then once I can access iTunes library on NAS from the MacBooks, and fire up the Nucleus, get Roon going from there too.

Hello @john_Busch,

There’s some great information available on the Apple forums for this. Let us know if you need help once you’re ready to connect to Roon.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.