Share Your Bandcamp Profile

Absolutely love Bandcamp. Seems to look after artists better than a lot of the others, and I try and buy vinyl though there so I get an at least CD quality download (I have not access to Tidal etc). A lot of the new stuff is coming though in HD as well (although not identified as such). All good, that is what Roon is for.

My collection, mainly Afrobeat and Australian rock.

3 Likes

Not that Iā€™d expect anyone to find anything of interest in my collection, but here it is ā€¦

4 Likes

good idea, here is mine, prog rock is my favourite type of music

5 Likes

Great collection! I have many of those albums also (although not all bought from Bandcamp).

Here be mine: https://bandcamp.com/markpedwards

3 Likes

Expect no rhyme or reason to my collection, other than that I like listening to (almost) all of it.

4 Likes

I love everything about Bandcamp.

4 Likes

I :heart: BC

5 Likes

I would like to add to the 24-bit dilemma of my above post that in some cases, if I particularly like an album and I have already purchased it from another source, I buy it again from Bandcamp to possibly get better quality and of course to support the band (currently, after all, concerts are rather sparsely populated).

Is this already audiophile weirdness? :grinning:

2 Likes

Not at all. I have repurchased music all the time, especially if I buy during a Bandcamp Friday where all sales proceeds go directly to the artist.

3 Likes

I can never tell whether you get CD quality or 24 bit. Are you able to tell?
Though I am happy with either to be fair.

But I think we are all a bit strange, enough said :grin:

This is exactly what Iā€™ve tried to say in my post above :grinning:.

1 Like

Oops sorry I thought you had a solution :see_no_evil:

1 Like

No, unfortunately there is no solution yet. A few albums are tagged as hires, but this is only a fraction:

https://bandcamp.com/tag/hi-res

1 Like

Yes I have quite a lot of 24/96 and 24/48 albumā€™s from Bandcamp, and I am relatively happy with 16/44.
Though I still find myself reading through the information and comments just in case the information is there.

I read that Bandcamp donā€™t want people to know what the quality is, as itā€™s all good and at least CD quality

3 Likes

I didnā€™t know this, but it makes perfect sense given Bandcampā€™s philosophy. But still a pity.

2 Likes

Sometimes artists will list the format in the description. But, that is not consistent.

4 Likes

Yes, I noticed that with a few albums.

Yes that is what I look for, but it is very hit and miss

I agree that is a bit of a pain, and would be pretty easy to fix Iā€™d assume. Sometimes the WAV or AIFF format is 24bit - I always check the file sizes - if WAV is >2x the size of FLAC itā€™s likely 24bit with FLAC 16bit.

1 Like