Shift-Click to select multiple tracks at once is broken :-/ [Solved]

I am sorry Roon team but the fact that such a basic function has not been working for MONTHS now is complete bullshit. Right now I am glad that I didnt upgrade to the lifetime subscription.

Hey @Snow and others – no one likes delays like this, but sometimes they’re unavoidable, and I want to be clear that this issue has not been ignored.

The internal ticket tracking this issue has been bounced back and forth between our QA and development team a few times since it was opened in April, and unfortunately it’s been trickier than you might think identifying steps that trigger this bug consistently.

We have a few theories about what might be going on here. As of the middle of last week, this is actively being worked on again after it was put on hold a few weeks back in order to get our Chromecast release tested and shipped.

For now if you’re experiencing this consistently, more details may help – the version of macOS you’re using, whether you’re using mouse + keyboard or trackpad, the steps you are following, whether it happens on every Mac or just some, etc.

These kinds of issues are frustrating, but we are hoping to ship a fix for this soon. We appreciate everyone’s patience, and will share more details as we have them.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer and for the confirmation that it is at least still worked on now.

I am sorry for my harsh language but I am very frustrated with the situation and I cannot use Roon as I want to use it for months now.

Some details: I am using both an iMac with mouse and keyboard (MacOS 10.13.5) as well as a macBook Pro with a touchpad (same version) and it works on neither. I was also briefly using a newer 2017 macbook Pro and it wasnt working there either.

@mike
MacBook Pro 15” tb (late 2016). Integrated keyboard
macOS 10.13.4 when I reported the issue, 10.13.6 now and still no joy

Any news please? Thanks Mike

104 days and counting.

1 Like

And here’s another user experiencing the same issues and the same frustration. Selecting 18k tracks one at a time is just no fun at all.

Like the others I’m a Mac-User (iMac 27’’ late 2012, iMac 27’’ late 2015, MacBook - all running High Sierra).

Any news?

1 Like

Roon used to be super quick to respond to feedback and messages. I am a bit concerned about this lack of communication and fixing.

Any updates at all, dear Roon team?

I am paying for a service that at least I cannot use correctly at the moment. And now there is complete silence. No communication at all? This is bullshit. Roon used to have extraordinary customer service. What happened?!

Hi @Snow —Thank you for reaching out to us concerning this behavior when using “shift-click” in Roon under OSX.

I understand, and agree that this has been a frustrating issue that has persisted longer than any of us would like. I do however want to be clear that this issue has been on the team’s radar, and I can assure you that everyone on our side wants to see issues resolved as much as you do. No one likes delays like this, but sometimes they’re unavoidable.

This report has repeatedly come up in our regular meetings with the senior development team, and the team has some theories about what might be going on here, with the goal of finding clear, crisp steps for reproducing/solving the problem.

The point being is that If you haven’t heard from us, we simply don’t have an update yet. I can assure you our team is looking forward to resolving this soon, but for now there’s simply no way I can give you an ETA about when a breakthrough is going to happen.

-Eric

2 Likes

Thanks Eric, I understand that it must be frustrating for you guys as well. At the end of the day we cannot use Roon correctly at the moment. Perhaps it would be an idea to compensate those that are affected in some way.

Anything to report at all?

We’ve made some progress and have a fix in testing, but we don’t have a timeline to share on this yet – that will depend on how testing goes.

Hopefully it’s in the next release, @Snow – appreciate your patience here.

1 Like

Thanks for the update Mike. I hope that it will be too.

Any updates?

Hey all,

We just released Roon 1.5 (Build 354) which includes a fix to shift-click selection on macOS. Please download the update and give it a try!

You can read more about the update here:

Thanks,
Dylan

1 Like

works fine again (… on Mojave)

thank you guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.