Should the latest release have fixed my issue?

I was hoping that after the latest upgrade, my issue would be resolved with being able to use arc from outside my house but alas it is not. I did a ticket on it when arc was first released. Here is the link to it for reference……all of the information is still exactly the same.

I still cannot access my core from outside my house. I have set up port forwarding, but I still get these errors in Roon. Should I be able to, or am I still out of luck?
Thanks……

{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 68.aaa.bbb.ccc:55002, response code: undefined, body: undefined”},
“ipv6_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“68.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“fda1:ddd:eee:fff:ggg:hhh:iii:jjj”,“router_external_ip”:“100.64.74.20”},
“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.68.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

No. Your ISP won’t work as the new feature works with those with ipv6 addresses not cgnat.

I thought it was expected with either, at least some ISPs? That’s what the call to testing said:

As I understand it, IPv6 is the alternative to CGNAT, so if the ISP continues to use CGNAT and doesn’t switch over to IPv6, then ARC will continue not to work…

1 Like

My reading also. Some ISPs use cgnat on the ipv4 addresses but also run ipv6. So you may be blocked on v4 but V6 doesn’t need cgnat so may work.

1 Like

At least one kind of CG-NAT, namely DS Lite, is used when an ISP runs on IPv6 but needs to provide an IPv4 address to customers so that they can connect to websites etc. who still use IPv4. I guess there is another use in v4 networks as you say.

However, the call to testing said “and/or”, so one could think it applies to CGNAT used in v4 and in v6 networks. Maybe some clarification would help

A portion of the user population has been locked out of using ARC due to their ISPs relying heavily on IPv6 and/or CGNAT. For the past several months we’ve been working on enabling IPv6 support within Roon which will open up the possibility of using ARC for a large number of these users.

2 Likes

Yes better wording would help.

Yes, it was the wording that made me hopeful.
Oh well. Hopefully one day.

For clarity, when I reached out to my ISP, they said nothing about cnat, just this:

“ to port forward behind an IP V6 server you need to have a static IP”

But They initially said:

“You’re behind an LSN” which I means Large Scale Nat which upon further research is another way to say CGNAT (carrier grade nat)

Looks like my only option is to pay 20 bucks a month for a static IP. But that is more than I pay for a Roon, so forget it.

Actually after more research, what about PCP(Port Control Protocol)

They are confused because there is no port forwarding on IPv6.

1 Like

ok, thanks - well I called them back bc the more I thought about it, I’m not getting proper service. I should be able to access my stuff from outside my home without needing to pay and extra $20 for a static IP. They are going to get back to me.

Good news! My ISP just sent me up with a static IP…….For free! And guess what?

Arc is working!!!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.