Show off your stereo system, below $5000

Bluesound node 2 € 499
Wyred4Sound dac 2v2 € 1.400 (used)
Cambridge audio receiver € 1.200
Dali Spektor 2 € 200

There is also a NUC 7i5 with Rock € 600, but that is used for three other zones as well.

1 Like

GoldenEar’s?

Yeah, I bought the Sevens for proof of concept. I liked them so much, I negotiated with the dealer to return them for Fives. I bought them on the web, so it cost me something to ship them back, but since I didn’t have to pay taxes it was a wash.

Just testing GoldenEar for when I (potentially) buy the GoldenEar Reference for my listening post. Sometime in the distant future.

1 Like

Awesome speakers @xxx

I miss my Triton Ones and their built in 1600W DSP subs :grin:.

GE are dabbling with active bookshelves soon which MAY lead to active Triton towers one day…

Yeah, a definite competitor for LS50Ws.

Running GoldenEar Reference speakers would require me to have two 20 amp circuits installed as they could potentially pull 1800 watts, apiece. How did you manged the Ones, what with amps etc. added in?

1 Like

No, definitely will not pull anywhere near 1800W each unless you live/play in a stadium !? Which would be cool by the way…

They are ~93dB (1W, 1m) efficient.

Hmm, I must be misunderstanding, not unusual.

From the GoldenEar website that specs out the Reference model speakers -

Low Voltage Version - 120 V at 60Hz / 1800 Watts
High Voltage Version - 240 V at 50Hz / 1800 Watts
(Approved for NA (TUV) and the CE market.)

Doesn’t this mean 1800 watts at the wall? Dunno.

Like with other AC gear they have to state maximum power consumption… so the sub sections can draw that much but at ~93dB (1W, 1m) efficiency you have probably blown the roof off your home or blown your ears off, if drawing 1800W apiece (even with dedicated circuits).

Other good reasons for dedicated lines though, so that is ideal for sure and to be safe, just in case you do play loud.

All the better to screw with my neighbors. :laughing:

Good to understand 1800 watts is at full volume only. Forgot about that.

1 Like

Hehe bingo. If I had the opportunity I’d go dedicated ciruits too though, a few good reasons, not just power hungry gear (which is a good reason of course).

1 Like

I’ll wrangle myself back on topic…

Chord Hugo2 - ~USD2700
MrSpeakers Aeon Closed headphones - ~USD800

NUC7i7DNHE in a fanless Akasa case running Roon OS - ~USD800
Allo USBridge - ~USD180
Roon Lifetime membership - ~USD500

2 Likes

How you finding the new 3050i’s. Currently have 2050i and looking at these in the new year. Or I might go active.

Love Q Acoustics. I had a pair of Concept 40’s. So musical. I miss those too :grin:

Yep they hit way above their weight. Have their powered active ones in 2nd zone.

1 Like

Will try and make the conversion into $. I have a mix of new and used gear that I’m pretty set with at the moment. Will rebuild a pretty capable server and put it in another case and run Roon core on that as soon as I have a few hours over.

Roon Core running on an no longer in use Macbook Pro so 119 $/year
Speaker set-up:
IQaudio digi + (100 $) into Dynaudio Connect Box ($ 250 used) feeding Dynaudio Xeo 2’s on Norstone stands (1500 $). Analogue - Rega Planar 2 (500 $) in to Schiit Mani (90 $ used).

Headphone setup:
Hifiberry Digi + (100 $)
Schiit Modi Multibit (290 $)
Schiit Vali 2 (180 $)
Sennheiser HD650 (170 $ used)

1 Like

The 3050i is my first set of “audiophile” speakers. I am kinda new to the audiophile world. I bought them about a week ago based on the price which I could afford and on this glowing review https://www.whathifi.com/q-acoustics/3050i/review
I love the sound of the speakers… the sound sounds very big. There is a lot of bass, but not too much. Even at quite high volume, my ears really do not hurt. It feels as though the sound is smooth and relaxed, no stress - I hope that makes sense.

2 Likes

Yep makes sense . The normally supply bass port plugs that can help if bass is too much. I added on some acoustic dampening feet from isoAcoustics to mine and it helped a bit more. Made it a bit tighter. Really looking forward to hearing the 3050i though as they are supposed to be a marked step up from mine and they are pretty good already.

I have removed the bass port plugs. The bass is strong, but not overwhelming. Perhaps one day, I will put them back just to see how they change the sound. I hope you get a chance to test drive the 3050i soon.

My main system goes over the $5000 limit but have included it as its not much over :wink: All prices converted from sterling to US dollars.

My 2nd System however is well under

Years Roon Sub (need to get Lifetime soon)
i3 Custom build PC $475 (used)

2nd System
Allo USBridge $230
Arcam irDAC ii $449 (was not being used since upgrading main room so rude not to)
Chord C-line USB $50
Chord C-line speaker cable $39
1 x Cisco 2960 switch $58(used)
assorted other cables $10
QAcoustics BT3 Powered speakers $256

Main System
ClearAudio Concept MC TT + Cart $1405 (used)
ClearAudio Nano Phono Stage $449
Arcam Alpha7 CD player $102 (used)
Naim Uniti Atom Amp/DAC/Streamer $2245
QAcoustics 2050i Speakers $513
Assorted cables $130
Speaker cable $130
2 x Tachima Power conditioner mains blocks $103
Iso Acoustics Gaia Isolation feet for speakers $448
8 Vibrapod Isolator feet for Amp and TT $30
1 x Cisco 2960 switch $58 (used)

From John_Aiello:
“I see that you edited your insults after you made sure I saw them.”

I removed my comments, yes. I was not being insulting. You were rude, and are obviously looking for an argument. I decided the Roon forum was no place to debate someone’s system. Onward. Please stop emailing me at my personal address.

Neil wrote:
Jacob, I’m jealous!

2 Likes