So, after a slight reconfigure I have the following:

Dynaudio Excite X14 speakers $699
PS Audio Sprout amp $599
Raspberry pi $55
IFi power supply $50
NUC7i5 with Win10. ~$750
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 $300
Monoprice Monolith Stands $120

Currently evaluating whether I still need the Pro-Ject S2 Pre Box $400.
Currently thinking I might move it on, the DAC in the Sprout is quite amazing.

1 Like

Very nice system there

Thanks, enjoying it a lot at the moment!

1 Like

I too have an Outlaw RR2160 for my main system ($800)
It is fed digital from a Project Pre Box S2 ($400) and analog from a U-Turn Orbit Turntable labs edition ($420).
The speakers are KEF LS50 ($1200). The Outlaw sub out feeds my Peachtree Audio Nova ($1200) which drives a pair of EV 15" that I picked up for free.

I also have a pair of Beyerdynamics DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm and Massdrop HiFiman HE-4XX planers. Since these are used in other systems and portable they are not counted as part of the MAIN system.

As far as music, I have LPs from the early 70’s up till recent, CDs, some cassettes (an old Yamaha 4-track is pictured but that is just stored and not connected), many HDTracks, HDTT, iTunes and various other files along with Roon, Audirvana and Tidal for both. Since this is part of my MUSIC COLLECTION and is used between all my systems they are not included in the price of the system nor are the hard-drives, computers, bridge, receptacles, AC power, A/C cooling, shelving, flooring, whiskey…

2 Likes

Clearaudio Emotion, Concept MM, CA 551p, £850
Squeezebox Touch £140
CA Dacmagic 100. £120
Rotel 965BX CD player £60
Marantz SD 35 cassette £49
Yamaha CT 1010 FM tuner £60
Yamaha 501 amp £199
Entreq Tellus free gift
Cables £200
Custom Design stand vibration absorption mats free gift
B&W CM8 speakers

My evolving set up is made up of second hand, bargain price and free equipment. I listen mostly to classical and jazz. I enjoyed putting this together and I enjoy the satisfaction it gives me.My next target is the Yamaha 801 amp withi it’s increased performance and improved Sabre Dac.

2 Likes