Show us your signal path

2 Likes

2 Likes

RPi4 running Ropieee → Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital → xDuoo TA-20 → Dan Clark Audio Stealth

3 Likes

Before sleeping:

In the sleeping room, there are RPi4 with Ropiee on an Oppo HA-1 with an Audeze LC-XC.

3 Likes

I’ve been a Roon user for >3 years now and have slowly grown my use and knowledge as the app has developed.
Couldn’t be without it now.
Thanks to Roon staff - please keep the show going and don’t sellout - you’re doing a terrific job😁.

3 Likes

Rock on a NUC7i5 (with 32GB RAM) continues to impress me.

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

Simple & Sweet.
Screenshot 2022-12-24 071201

3 Likes

The KISS approach -

4 Likes

finally trying

Screenshot 2022-12-24 at 15.23.11

5 Likes

Streaming Tidal via Roon ARC to a Bluesound Pulse M on the go.

4 Likes

3 Likes

@kim_hixson I thought the Schiit Multibit DACs preferred to do their own upsampling. I take it you disagree?

Actually i hadnt taken that into consideration when employing Roon’s DSP. I am glad i posted this and you saw it! I suppose i should disable all DSP and send the Bifrost an unprocessed signal. Thanks for pointing that out!

From what I read, it’s better to let Roon do the DSP, rather than the DAC, if one can prevent it from doing so.

1 Like

So much to learn, but i do not know how to bypass the Bifrost other than send the signal straight to my AVR DAC (ES9038 PRO), which decodes higher bitrates than the Bifrost, but i do not have any 24\384 files.

1 Like

Well, the Bifrost multi bit, and I’m not certain if it still does this - older versions did, only engages its burrito mega filter with it’s special properties if it is fed up to 96. If it is fed higher than that, then it goes into sort of a NOS mode and the incoming stream is passed by their famous filter.

The Modi multi bit used to do the same. It was interesting switching back and forth between modes. Personally, If I am using a DAC like the Bifrost, I will just feed it straight and not do any pre-processing.

1 Like

Well that is just what im going to do! I cant tell what the Bifrost is doing to the signal and the AVR will only tell me the signal from the Bifrost is analog. A phone call to Schiit will probably solve this