Show us your signal path

Signal path is one of the view things where men are proud to have “a short one”:slight_smile:
Here is my shorty:

2 Likes

Hi, here is mine.

2 Likes

Upsampling CD Flac and output via ASIO driver in Windows 10 to my Panda Setup Sanskrit PRO DAC.

Cheers

René

1 Like

Here’s mine:

7 Likes

Putting the P back into DSP …

3 Likes

This is serious big boys stuff. Kudos :muscle: :thumbsup:

1 Like

First stab at getting ‘poor mans’ convolution filters from REW.

1 Like

I am new to Roon, the Path is Ok but I got some Work to do on the Server side.

1 Like

May I ask a question, what is the best Signal Path that one needs to achieve in Roon? Is it “Lossless” or “Enhanced”? or it depends on personal taste?

I’d suggest aiming initially for lossless, and then judiciously adding PEQ, Convolution or other DSP and comparing the results with lossless until you have decided on the best sound as you hear it for your system, room and ears.

4 Likes

New streamer – I now have the shortest path of all, it appears. And happier than ever:

4 Likes

Here is mine…its enhanced so much better than yours :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Here’s how I’m mangling, er, enhancing my sound path. Haven’t played with upconversion yet. I did do that when I was using Audirvana, so I’ll have to try it out.

1 Like

I find very little if any diff when I go with either no DSP sampling, pcm max on etc, to no sampling…anyone else here find this too?..I guess it’s all very system and component dependent.

Same here, although I can hear a slight rounding and more pleasant sound if I up sample to DSD. But this is very DAC dependent, and some DACs even sound worse when up-sampling PCM.

Attempting to revive this topic :grin:

Currently playing to an iFi Pro iDSD DAC --> MrSpeakers Aeon Closed headphones.

2 Likes

I was always interested in the signal path too @dabassgoesboomboom . Here is mine for my liberty DAC, its set as renderer and decoder and this is the resultant signal path.

1 Like

This is just what was playing at the time I took a screenshot showing the unfolding of MQA from Tidal.

3 Likes

Is this possible? Can MacBook Pro send 192kHz over Google cast to Nvidia shield, “wirelessly”?
I thought Google cast is limited to 48kHz. Am I wrong?

The PCM file is 48kHz. Rendering with an MQA capable DAC would upsample this to 192kHz. If the DAC was capable you’d see an extra step: MQA Core Decoder to 96kHz 24 bit.