Show us your signal path

No. It has detected and verified an MQA signal with the potential of 192k. But no further processing has occurred. It has been sent as the original 48k file.

I’ve been playing around with convolution filters this evening. On my Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd gen. I’ve not noticed anything so far, but there was an improvement with my in-ear AKG N40. I think I’ll create a preset for my Audio-Technica ATH-M50X as I find these tiring after an hour.

1 Like

Looks like a schematic drawing haha

1 Like

Here is mine

2 Likes

Oh go on then, seeing as it’s Christmas :grinning: This is from my upstairs PC…

1 Like

So that’s what it looks like if you use HQP… :smiley:

Just a spot of ^2 upsampling, sounds smoother to my ears anyway…

1 Like

Why am I getting crossfeed in my signal path when I have filters set to bypass?

Crossfeed (channel mixing for headphones) != Crossfade (fading tracks into each other). You can disable Crossfade in Zone Settings (set it to 0 seconds):

2 Likes

I agree, this Burr Brown DAC definitely benefits from power of 2.

1 Like

Thank you, Rene!

1 Like

I started using Roon this past summer. It certainly has been an enjoyable experience. With a few tweaks the sound experience has vastly improved.

I first started upsampling the audio and then added volume leveling. Once I started to play DSD files I had to add headroom to keep the tracks from clipping.

A few weeks ago I added the convolution filter after measuring through REW. This did make a huge difference in the sound.

Most recently I upgraded my DAC to a PS Audio Directstream, which does its own internal upsampling.

Question:

1. Am I overthinking the signal path? With PCM content should I just let the PS Directstream do all the upsampling and remove it from Roon?
  2. Any advantages to adding HQPlayer to the chain? If I were to, should I turn anything off on the Roon side?

Funny this one’s kissed awake again at Christmas… :slight_smile:

Still a fan of the short path:

2 Likes

Keeping it simple

1 Like

Yes and No

1 Like