Show us your signal path

What is the purpose of having a long signal path? Min is FLAC -> RAAT to amp

1 Like

ALSA? Does this mean you run Roon on Linux?

Roon is running on a Roon Nucleus+. The Allo USBridge runs Linux I believe. It’s a Raspberry Pi-based Endpoint.

here is mine this morning!

sMS-200 with wifi dongle and HMS are powered by 12V DC from a same battery power bank.

I assume you mean Roon Bridge from here: http://kb.roonlabs.com/LinuxInstall any idea which distro is more LTS( As in able to run for a longer time in a stable fashion ) Or is it better to run archarm? I mean I have nothing against being up to date, however if updating breaks the solution … I’d prefer LTS.

I’m not technically able to answer the question. My set up is really simple. Roon software is running on the Nucleus+. Was pre-loaded on the Nucleus+ upon receipt. All I did was type in my subscription code and let the Nucleus update itself with the latest Roon software build. The Allo USBridge endpoint is running Ropieee (Linux-based I believe) and was recognized by the Nucleus+ as an endpoint. The Nucleus is connected to my router by Ethernet cable and then an Ethernet cable to the Allo which is then connected via USB to the Denafrips Ares DAC then analog (RCA) to preamp, etc.

That’s about as deep as my knowledge goes. Perhaps someone else can jump in and answer your specific question.

I am getting the occasional random cut out. For no apparent reason, the streaming music (streaming from Qobuz via the Nucleus+) will just stop in midstream. All I have to do is hit the play button and it resumes, but it is rather annoying. Other than that, no problems so far.

The Allo USBridge (v1) will run DietPi. The SBC is a Sparky I believe. If it is the sig version, it will be Raspberry Pi based and run on DietPi, Ropieee and others if you choose.

Roon running on Mac Mini feeding Bowers & Wilkins Formation Audio to Lyngdorf TDAI2200

Boring and simple :slight_smile:

Dedicated mini PC with roon server (will be rock soon) feeds my peachtree’s DAC directly. Anything up to 24/192

1 Like

1 Like

Streaming from my Mac Mini 2018 into a USBridge Signature. Circumvents Devialet‘s Air streaming.

1 Like

Keep it simple

1 Like

A raspberry pi with ropieee and a hifi berry amp. Lossless 3 stage nirvana in the kitchen :+1:

1 Like

My main system downstairs:

1 Like

Near-field monitors in my study driven by Chord HMS+DAVE connected to NUC running Euphony OS Stylus End Point. Convolution filters generated by Audiolense,

3 Likes

Which monitors, if you don’t mind me asking?

Omega CAMs and Dragonfire Acoustics Mini Dragons depending on what I am listening to. Both are very efficient and can be driven directly out of DAVE.

1 Like