Show us your signal path

2 Likes

Right now I am testing Sample Rate Conversation Max PCM Rate (power of 2).

I am not sure if there are some benefits in my setup

Linn Selekt DSM Surround

FiiO M11 Plus

Torben

2 Likes

Torben

2 Likes

The analogue output (from the Meridian Prime ) goes to the analogue input of a Naim Muso2. “This PC” is a NUC 11 i5 (Win 11),running Roon is all it does other than drive the 27" 4K display next to me, and Roon core is on a NUC 10 i3.

1 Like

New amp here, AVM Evolution CS 5.3 Roon Ready All-in-one solution with tube preamp, slot-in CD drive and phono stage.

3 Likes

1 Like

And how good is it?
It looks pretty special

2 Likes

The sound is really great with the integrated tube preamp, the operation is also first class and I’m very happy so far. It’s rather small compared to my previous transistor integrated amplifier, but has almost the same power. The feel and build quality are stunning.

2 Likes

Glad to hear that.
It’s a thing of beauty :+1:

2 Likes

Linn finally get their act sorted out! Native DSD256 via Roon at last!

6 Likes

Looks like you have reached a klimax :wink:

5 Likes

On to DSD512.

1 Like

Keeping it as simple as possible! I have the Lumin U1 Mini upsampling because my Nucleus(Rev B) was really struggling to upsample to DSD128 - it kept freezing and audio was dropping out and loading slowly. Anyone experience this?

Ideally I’d like my Nucleus to do the upsampling and leave my streamer just to stream.

What a little volume leveling doesn’t add to the signal path.

After changing my office yesterday I’ve also changed the audio setup.

Bluesound Node X → Philips FR966 receiver → Dali Spektor 2.
My old Philips still working great, and my Dali’s get a second life after being replaced in the living room by my new JBL’s. They sound really great for desktop listening.

1 Like

In Roon DSP Engine, enable Parallelize Sigma Delta Modulator. In Lumin app, turn off Lumin resampling. Try Roon DSD128 upsampling for a local file instead of Tidal, in order to rule out the possibility that you’re experiencing a Tidal slowness issue instead of processing speed issue (which should be enough if your configuration is correct).

1 Like

Looks like your upgrade has been a success :+1:

1 Like

I’ve been using a HouseCurve FIR as room correction in my living room, and it makes a world of difference!

Also, bypassing the internal upsampling of the AKM chip in the Wiim Pro Plus seems to improve clarity the slightest bit. But I need to do more A-B tests to make sure.

1 Like