2 Likes

From NUC > Project Pre S2 DAC via usb
First is MQA…
Next is everything else upscaled to DSD512
Next is DSD 64-256 upscaled to 512
Last is DSD played natively

Lastly…I believe in… don’t use EQ or other to interfere with the sound

1 Like

Is that working as it should? Is the prime recognising the MQA stream and rendering it correctly?

I think so. Since the Meridian Prime is an MQA decoder and renderer, I have software decoding turned off in Roon and the Meridian setup to do both.

I would expect the device to tell Roon what it’s doing in the MQA realm. I see DSP being applied but no message telling you MQA signalling has been preserved. That means the DSP you are applying is making that signal not bit perfect. I have just carried out a little experiment and it seems to confirm what I am thinking.

Thanks for that. The DSP crossfeed wasn’t supposed to be on. The Meridian Prime has that function on the analog side.

Cool. That’s what I would expect to see in Roon. But I have noted it a couple of examples posted here where Roon isn’t reporting any MQA processing at the endpoint.

1 Like

Here’s mine: Roon Core running on a Synology NAS, streaming to Naim Uniti Nova which then drives a pair of Klipsch Forte III’s.

2 Likes

1 Like

Here is mine.
Roon core running under Ubuntu 18.04 headless in a KVM VM on my homemade NAS running OpenMediaVault.
Playing via a RPi and a HIFIBerry Digi+ through a BNC cable to my Benchmark DAC1

Simple path, working great:

Rock > Raspi 4 USB > RME ADI-2 DAC

Source: Mac Mini Server.
Output: Meridian M6’s.

2 Likes

You showed a Diana Krall album as a taunt, right?:laughing:

2 Likes

Source: Mac Mini Server.
Output: Meridian M6’s.

1 Like

(The first is an ethernet feed straight to a Matrix Audio DAC; the second is USB from an ultraRendu (HQ Player) to the same DAC)

1 Like