Showcase your 1.8 themes

Very strange!

I’ve tried using both files now. I can alternate between circles and squares perfectly well by editing ui_atlas@2x-1, but (very carefully) replacing the circle with a ‘squircle’ on either 1x-1 or 2x-1 simply gives me an artist square.

No matter what I do, I don’t get squircles (Win 10 PC with a 32" monitor). Still, never mind. Squares will do me just fine!

It may be that whatever you’re using to generate the squircle isn’t creating one with a properly transparent background. I’ve uploaded my version here:

Back up your version and try that one.

Thanks David.

I’ve tried your version of ui_atlas@2x-1.png, but with exactly the same result as with mine - square borders for artists. I do quit & restart the Roon app after every change.

Your version of the 2x-1 file looks absolutely identical to mine - you have changed 2 separate circles to squircles just as I had done.

Very strange, but I can live with squares.

Yep, that is odd, but at least squares are better than circles :slight_smile:

1 Like

By the way, I’m using your “Life’s a Beach” ver. 2 at the moment. I have always preferred dark themes up to now, but “Life’s a Beach” has grown on me. I might just keep it in place.

Many thanks.

1 Like

I just realised that I removed Roon’s a Beach from the theme generator so I just added it back in. I’ve made a few tweaks over the last week or so (it’s at v6 at the moment) so you might want to take a look. It fixes a few issues with the initial version.

The new version of the theme generator is linked in the first post in this thread.

1 Like

Thanks @Robert_Gardiner !!

Agreed. Even with the default theme, the shade of purple is different (compare Thursday on first row, Tuesday on second row against their neighbors).

Well spotted.

Is it possible to give us your colour file for this one @Robert_Gardiner ??
thanks !

yep sure just need to find somewhere to upload too though am struggling at present. I do not mind emailing it to you. If so please drop me a PM and can arrange for you.

1x-1 file for Windows needed

I haven’t been able to get a square or squircle artist shape file to work 100% - a couple I’ve downloaded so far have other logo anomalies for me (Windows 1x-1). Every time I try to edit in Paint, I screw something up.

If anyone has a working square or squircle 1x-1 file for Windows, I would very much appreciate your posting it here. Thanks!

1 Like

I would like to join in with this request.

@Craig_Watkins - Do these ones not work for you? I did them on a mac, so not sure if the spec sheets are different. I have a Windows machine somewhere… so I can dig it out and install roon on it and modify them there.

Thanks mpd. I figured it must be a Mac/Windows thing - it shows up weird in Windows. Even the stars are off. I reinstalled and tried again this morning, but no change.

Hmmm… I suspect it is your .spec files. Especially as you’ve tried several sources with the same results. I don’t think it is the atlas files themselves

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pkdNdeYWD-VRFAar6yWatX-lHGE12F5g/view?usp=sharing, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wutPaisrwfuWBvayT98Z8R6HxJkZwqQS/view?usp=sharing

Try these… the spec files.

Yep, there’s definitely a difference between mac and PC, but I can’t track it down as I don’t have access to a PC - but I do have a suggestion regarding how to track down the circles you need to change.

Backup, then open up one of the atlas files and punch a hole through one of the circles in that file, i.e. erase the centre portion of the circle. Save the file, restart/open Roon, and see what effect that has. If you’ve found the right circle for the artist image, just change that circle to a square (or squircle, or whatever).

If not, start over with with a fresh copy of the stock ui_atlas file, then rinse and repeat as necessary.

The above should enable you to identify which circle(s) you need to change.

If you look at the spec sheet and find the circle 208 entry it will give the x,y of the circle. The 208 one is the large artist circles.

The smaller artist ones are the circle 40 ones if memory serves me right.

Ok… so the layouts of the sheets is different for Win and Mac. Hence the spec sheets are different too. So for future reference you can’t just copy the png files over. This isn’t bad practice anyway - with the latest update they changed the spec sheets between versions… so we should always be copying them over.

The 2 icons that need changing are cirlcle 208 and circle 80.

I’ll put together a set for Mac and a set for Windows and upload them

1 Like