Showcase your 1.8 themes

1.8_764_MacOS - Google Drive, 1.8_764_Windows - Google Drive

There you go… a Windows and a MacOS folder. That should do the trick.

4 Likes

Perfection!! Can’t thank you enough for your time and effort @mpd. Wuhoo!
You and @DaveN are outstanding resources here.

3 Likes

It does. Thanks a lot thumbs-up

Because sometimes 4 corners is too much…

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 20.11.50

1.8_764_Windows_2corner - Google Drive, 1.8_764_MacOS_2corner - Google Drive

And for @DaveN we have the almost squarcle…
1.8_764_Windows_Squarcle - Google Drive, 1.8_765_MacOS_Squarcle - Google Drive

3 Likes

I haven’t tried your version, but I do prefer a bit more of a squarish squircle :slight_smile:

As it stands, not just for David :grinning:

2 Likes

This “Squarcle” should be to your taste …

2 Likes

A very minor point, but if you zoom in and look at the middle of the top and bottom edges of the larger squircle in your ui_atlas file you’ll see that there’s a tiny bit of the original circle showing. I think you used a width/height of 208px but the original circle appears to be 210px wide.

Bottom edge, zoomed in and inverted …

And the top edge …

Thanks… fortunately I made a template so I can modify it more easily. I cleaned up the left and right sides but was a bit nervous about getting too close to other icons.

As for the 210 thing… I figured that if the spec sheet has 208 then the extra pixels won’t be included. It seems to be the conversion from vector to raster where it is pixellating, but the spec file is still working in absolutes.

Ah, I hadn’t considered the spec file. I’ll try changing the value to 210 and see what happens.

Yep, you’re absolutely right. Changing the spec file to 210 encroaches onto other elements in the ui_atlas file …

1 Like

Last one for the night…
Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 22.20.56

I did the film effect one as a bit of a joke…but actually I quite like it. So going to settle on that one for a little bit (knowing that it won’t be long before I’m playing around with it again!)

EDIT… yup, I played again…

EDIT (again)! - having another layer and setting opacity on it, you can still get to to see the “holes” but with the image showing…

And if you apply colours to the mask, then it seems that if there is a picture to display it ignores the colours, but where there isn’t, it doesn’t. Opens up some options too…

Which allows for the ridiculous…!

1 Like

Apologies if it has been mentioned here before but what are the parameters that affect the now playing screen?

This is my modified alabaster but it seem to have no effect on “now playing”

.sjb

If you mean the background colour - it can’t be changed. I guess it must be hard coded elsewhere.

1 Like

Yeah a lot of the playback screen seems to be hard coded.

There seem a few areas where they have gone down a path and then taken a detour from it as the product has grown.

@DaveN
David thank you very much for your dedication and effort. I made some changes to the colors and artist circles, and it looks fantastic. Disclaimer: I wasn’t bother too much with these 1.8 version features, but I like to have options, specially when they look better. Adjusting/selecting colors and shapes is something very personal, so no matter what colors are given, folks naturally will have some issues.

Peace,
Tony

2 Likes

Great response. Colours and shapes are personal - and we will always figure we can do better. I also wasn’t fussed with the colour or shapes in 1.8.

I can see the logic in Roon not offering the ability to theme the product - owning the “brand”. Their “blurple” seems to be a bit of a brand identity, and I’ve seen some folks posting colour / shape / font combos on here that I can’t say are to my taste. Heck I made a “film” shape which I can’t figure if I even like! What happens if someone visits a friend and gets shown their Roon setup and think “man that is ugly…”? If it is roons “ugly” they can own that. If it is our ugly that we have put on top of their product then it isn’t on them.

1 Like

Otherwise, as it stands now: What happens if someone visits a friend and gets shown the original Roon setup and think “man that is ugly…”?

Agreed. But that’s just it: there is a difference between you selling something that someone thinks is ugly vs you selling something that someone else then repaints and someone thinks is ugly.