Showcase your 1.8 themes

Did you paste only this file ui_*** into folder?

send me please original file I will compare with win.

@Damian_Kurgan

Did you paste only this file ui_*** into folder?

Yes, just the one file from the ‘Rectangle’ zip, into -
C:\Users\my-username\AppData\Local\Roon\Application\100800756\

I just copied the new file into the folder, over-writing the existing file (which I’ve made a copy of & saved elsewhere), restarted Roon (Remote) and re-selected ‘Unknown Theme’ (which then forces a restart).

Cleaned up the Home page even more by hiding the black boxes (still go black when hovered over):

4 Likes

I presume, couple hours and you keep only fonts and buttons :joy:
Like this sepia-ish, mostly genre box. :ok_hand:
Change it with that:
atom-separator-light

1 Like

This looks great.

1 Like

I did try setting all the colours to black, just to see if anything other than the images would appear. It made navigating quite difficult :wink:

4 Likes

Guys, love all the themes but what color needs to be changed for these 2 to match?

It’s a shame that most of the labels have no indication as to what they refer to, but to match the line and the indicator set the following to the same value:

atom-separator-light
atom-orange

And what happens to the theme, colors, etc., when Roon issues an update? Hate to see someone put in a lot of work and get it erased.

Be prepared and have backup to overwrite after update :wink:

Assuming Roon keeps the same file structure, all you need is a local copy that you can insert back into the themes folder following an update.

1 Like

Right. I’m not asking for me. I’m keeping things as is. Certainly you and @Damian_Kurgan are aware of the consequences. But it might be good to provide guidance for those less savvy. Your instructions seem great, but I don’t recall seeing anything about keeping a separate local copy.

1 Like

Alternatively, make them sufficiently different that it looks intentional. I spent ages getting them matched, but when I darkened the separator, the small marker was too indistinct. I’m currently trying the following:

atom-separator-light #404040
atom-orange #EEEEEE

You’re right, it wasn’t mentioned. I’ll update my original post now. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

Absolutely love this one, could share the file and how to install it, please?

They don’t work. I change colors and nothing happens. Which on e is the top one? The separator below NEW on TIDAL?

Have you restarted Roon since you made the changes to the colors file?

Found the issue. The ones I want/need to match are:

atom-orange
atom-orange-mapping

1 Like

I was hoping this thread could be about just showing and only showing not discussing since there was allready a discussion thread where there where so many posts that the showcases got buried away. Sad it happened again. Maybe it is better to merge the two topics again.

1 Like

My mistake, it is Atom Blue and Atom Orange the ones that need to be matched :slight_smile: