Showcase your 1.8 themes

@DaveN Would it be possible to clarify in the original post which OS or Roon app these efforts are compatible with? Is it for Windows? Is it for Mac? Is it for remote apps (Android / Apple) too? How to apply the custom settings in respective OS?

Maybe just a link to some good posts from other threads would be enough? Basically anything that would clarify the scope of these efforts, to help others to get started.

Btw, this is an awesome thread and I keep coming back for more of your efforts guys! Please don’t be shy and keep allowing others to use your customizations by sharing download links. :wink:

Leave only themes and rest of posts move to the previous one.

I know the @moderators aren’t keen on this whole theme thing, but can the posts be split? One for themes, one for the practical stuff about how to do it?

1 Like

Very elegant! What font is that?

Yep, I’ll amend it now.

@my_changed_username, I’ve added further details regarding how to do this on a mac, so if someone can talk me through how to find these files on a PC I’ll add that too.

Antique Gold

Vanilla Gorilla

5 Likes

Stupid question: no chance I can change these on my iPad Pro 13” I am using as a controller?

“…gently taping him on the shoulder and sayin… I am sorry bro”

Sorry I forgot to mention my Roon Core is Nucleus+

:joy::joy: Thanks

Cosy Lilac

Dreamy Olive

1 Like

I like how you split the colours around the genre wheel. I’ve stuck to gradually darkening (or lightening) them around the wheel, but I don’t think it’s an especially clear way to indicate which genre is which.

1 Like

Here is a screen shot of the hex codes in Terminal on a Mac. Right click the Roon app in applications, show package contents/resources/themes/dark/. Open ‘colors’ into Terminal and replace away. On the Customization thread there’s good link to a website with all the colors and hex codes. The font is a bit trickier but it’s explained in that thread as well.

I’m not 100% happy with this one, but let me know what you think.

Here’s a link to the download.

Thanks @Charles_Peterson, not sure if it is too much to ask but could you copy paste the file instead of screenshooting it?

It looks perfect. :smiley:
Thank you for your effort.

1 Like

please tell me which atom?

atom-separator-light

1 Like

thanks buddy, you are the best!!!

1 Like

Atlantic Storm

Pastel Blues

Download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v68puduee39zxoi/Roon%201.8%20Themes%20Package%204.rar?dl=0

Other themes:
Cosy Lilac
Dreamy Olive

Antique Gold
Vanilla Gorilla

Beauty Blue
Green Imaginaerum
Chocolate Brick

Rectangle Artists Pics
Bubble Artists Pics

Download link to all themes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sndl36jpn9pla6j/Roon%201.8%20Full%20Package%201.rar?dl=0

WIN:

1. Open folder: C:\Users\your-username\AppData\Local\Roon\Application\100800756\Themes\
  2. Paste named folder theme
  3. Restart Roon
  4. Choose in Settings->Setup->Theme option Unknown
  5. Enjoy

MAC:
Right-click on the Roon app, select ‘Show Package Contents’, go to Contents > Resources > Themes
You must open the file on Windows, make it TXT then on macOS copy and paste the contents in a copy of Dark Colors and Name files then save them and of course in a separate folder.
You can also change the extension to TXT on macOS just to copy and paste the contents as the files from Windows macOS read them as EXE. If the files have the extension TXT or any sign of been a TXT file, Roon will crash and won’t open. (Enrico_Castagnetti)

*This is not official release. All changes on your own risk :wink:
Remember to make a backup copy before the operation, mostly if the change involves Roon Core. Next Roon release installation may overwrite your changes so keep this package backup locally.

4 Likes

I beg your pardon, two more questions