Showing (off) your Motorcycles

Same would go for me, but hey, feed 'em through over the coming months.
I have had a few that I wish I had kept as they are fetching stupid money now, RG500 Skoal Bandit which was limited to only 50 made, and also the CB1100R.
Will post a photo of the RG500.
Not got any of the CB1100R as they got destroyed by a fire when I took them to work and left them over the weekend.
Still got the manual though.

1 Like

Well ok here goes , maybe just one a week
lol.

Just a little history, I was in love with speed, pure and simple, a bike existed to get me from A to B ( with no real care where B was) as quickly as humanly possible.
Fortunately I discovered track days before the inevitable and as I lived in Horncastle at the time Cadwell Park was my local track. At anywhere between 70 to 100 pounds for a full day of lunacy with no worries apart from the track and my fellow conspirator’s it was heaven.
Then I got older
lol.
And the reach down over the tank got harder

So then it was hooligan time with bikes like this instead!

13 Likes

I am amazed I didn’t kill myself in my teens and twenties.
If I was out for a ride and someone came past me going the opposite direction at a fast pace ,I would turn round and chase them until I caught up.
Ended up doing track days,like yourself.
Donnington and Mallory

3 Likes

I just love this bike. 2015 K1300S Motorsport. Sadly they don’t make these anymore.

The first 2 pictures below taken in the Picos de Europa in Northern Spain and the third in the Pyrenees. Luckily I was ale to go for a really long trip last September through Southern Europe. No luck this year. Maybe next.

4 Likes

Here is a picture of my custom Arlen Ness Luxury Liner. Everything on this bike is custom, including the stereo control frenched into the handlebar!

10 Likes

I think my roads must be different from yours!

6 Likes

I had the k1200s in black

3 Likes

That was great
I mean really great.

As promised here is my RG500

10 Likes

Some life before Corona :mask:

At home, the Netherlands

At the faeröer islands

Catalunya

Switzerland, Susten pass

Norway

Italy, Sauris

Switzerland, Albula pass

France, Alpes Maritimes

Croatia

11 Likes

Other than Norway and the Faroe Islands, my trips in the the last 5 years have included all the above too. Feel quite fortunate.

The Croatian coastline is quite spectacular.

If you haven’t been, Corsica is great for biking, especially the north.

Nice pics

One of my most played artists is EivĂžr PĂĄlsdĂłttir who comes from the Faroe Islands and sings in both Faroese and English.

Nice topic. In Paris for my part.

11 Likes

That is the classic 500, I have seen one around locally, same colour, only he has the tape on the downpipes .Quite like the retro look

1 Like

Here is my ZZR1400 that I bought back in 2006 when it first came out

The bird pic slipped in but sod it, he can stay there.
Nosey little bird. Seemed very tame so gave him a few bread crumbs of my sarny.

4 Likes

Me on a KTM EXC250
Few years ago , gained a few pounds since this pic. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

That’s a GSA1250 for daily commuting and the occasional gravel and dirt work,
and the KTM’s (640 and 690) for when the going gets a bit tougher :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

The (most) pictures were meant to show the bikes (I thought that was the “intention” of this topic)
As for traveling, there are a lot more places where i drove the last 10 years in Europe. (Romania, Transfăgărășan and Tibet are still on the bucketlist)

My last bike (BMW 1250 GSA, bought Q1 2019) has (almost) 0KM on it “thanks” to COVID :face_with_raised_eyebrow: The joy of riding (and many other things) is getting less and less.

Thank God, we still have ROON :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Than you will probably know Kari Bremnes also? (Norway)
http://www.karibremnes.no/
Superb recordings like “Kanskje” (played at the highend in Munich)