Showing (off) your Motorcycles

Bought another bike yesterday. Had a sunny day and went for its first run to Broadway in the Cotswolds.

7 Likes

Sweet looking ride although I am VERY out of touch with bikes of today.
I basically stopped riding just about once I got to the USA in 2001.
This is due to most of the 4 wheeled pilots in Florida being dumber than a box of rocks and way more interested in stuffing their face with a Big Mac and sending text messages at the same time rather than paying attention to their surroundings.

Yes I am hyper critical I guess but I’d rather stay alive for now thanks!

However will be tracking this thread to see just what nice rides are posted.

Great idea @RodS

7 Likes

This is my other bike.

3 Likes

Great looking bikes
I have been banned for the last 30 years after 2 people tried to kill me in the same day.
Bike got stolen that night and my wife swears It was a message from the big guy up above.

The crazy things we do as youngsters

2 Likes

I stopped riding when I moved to a state that had a helmet law.

My last bike was an FLSTF.

1 Like

I am a youngster of 61, been riding 44 years so far.

2 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

I’m just back from a 4300 KM (2650 mile) tour around EU

3 Likes

I would have shown the Cumbria view with mine but it would have detracted from the bike!

5 Likes

OK going to forget I ever looked at this thread now, as too many nice bikes on show :frowning_face:

Sold this one, too unreliable 749R
Entire fairing was carbon fibre.
Great bike when it worked.

7 Likes

If I posted ALL of the bikes I ever owned over the years, the mods would have to lock the thread and start next months already……:sunglasses:

3 Likes

My '89 Softail at the 12 Apostles, Victoria, South Australia

7 Likes

My '98 Road King in the middle of nowhere, Australia

4 Likes

my '76 Suzuki GT750 that my dad left me. I don’t ride this one as it only has 7K kilometres on it.

13 Likes

The infamous " water buffalo" as it was cruelly nicknamed.

I grew up in the era of two stroke triples and had every one of them…lol.
Kawasaki KH 250/350/400/500/750.
Suzuki GT 380/550/750.

The Suzuki were more a grand tourer as the name says.
The Kwacks?
Just…evil!
Flexi flyer was a kind term for the big boys.

2 Likes

Bought new helmet, boots, and pants last month, as my gear was older than the bike.

Probably only have a few years riding left. I’ll be 71 in a couple months. Not sure what I’ll do for fun then when not listening to music.

9 Likes

I finally got my motorcycle out of the barn and got it going

While riding my motorcycle, I swerved to avoid hitting a deer, lost control and landed in a ditch, severely banging my head.

Dazed and confused I crawled out of the ditch to the edge of the road when a shiny new convertible pulled up with a very beautiful woman who asked, "Are you okay?”

As I looked up, I noticed she was wearing a low-cut see-through red blouse with cleavage to die for…

“I’m okay I think,” I replied as I pulled myself up to the side of the car to get a closer look.

She said, “Get in and I’ll take you home, so I can clean and bandage that nasty scrape on your head.”

“That’s nice of you,” I answered, “but I don’t think my wife will like me doing that!”

“Oh, come now, I’m a nurse,” she insisted. “I need to see if you have any more scrapes and then treat them properly.”

Well, she was really pretty and very persuasive. Being sort of shaken and weak, I agreed, but repeated,
“I’m sure my wife won’t like this.”

We arrived at her place which was just few miles away and, after a couple of cold beers and the bandaging, I thanked her and said, “I feel a lot better, but I know my wife is going to be really upset so I’d better go now.”

“Don’t be silly!” she said with a smile. “Stay for a while. She won’t know anything. By the way, where is she?”

“Still in the ditch, I guess.”

PS I dont have a bike but couldn’t resist this one.

10 Likes