Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

7 Likes

Love the LS50W. Bang for the buck. Hard to beat !

So just how do the Star Wars tuning devices add to the sound? Hyperspeed transients? Light saber glow? :grin:

It’s simple, I’m just a big kid at 53!

Are there ifi Audio fans out there? I’m still happy with my setup :blush:

26 Likes

ooo, I like your stand… what is it?

Thanks! It’s the iRack, also coming from ifi.

Great looking iFi stack! Can you list all the gear in that stack?

Thanks!

Thanks Jason! Sure, It is a combination power improvement (igalvanic and iUSB 3.0) and audiophile transportation device (idac 2 and itube 2). I also use ifi’s cable setup. The whole system mostly follows ifi’s recommendations. I also use a ground wire (ifi‘s groundhog) to connect the iUSB with the main power source. The system runs rock solid without issues and really sounds nice! :blush:

I have an 8c setup and I use a Puritan power conditioner (PSM136). This provides the power and conditioning for my set up.
I use the 8c with an Aurilac Aries G1 with Roon running on a QNAP Nas device. That also holds my own music library. Tidal is my streaming source.

HTH Robert

3 posts were split to a new topic: Benchmark HPA4 headphone amp, and THX AAA 789, Amir review

And what ipod stand is that? All so nice and neat!

My iMac in the den is my core server.
iMac
Bluesound Node 2
PS Audio Gain Cell Dac/Preamp
PS Audio Stellar S300 Power Amp
Klipsch Forte 3

11 Likes

This is my modest Roon based audio set up.
Photo is self-explanatory.

23 Likes

Lovely! Great matching !

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful rack, truly stunning. And not a turntable in sight. This man is committed to the streaming lifestyle. A Roon role model. My compliments.

2 Likes

I’ve shown my setup before, but here is its current status:

I’ve also been involved in designing, integrating and installing a few Roon-based systems than I am now remotely maintaining.

In the Washington State mountains, a couple of hours of Seattle, USA:

In Dar Es-Salaam, Tanzania:

Around Malaga, Spain:

15 Likes

Amazing! And nice graphics as well.

1 Like

simple and clean… what a view!

1 Like

ROCK on NUC - NUC8i7BEH4 + NVMe SSD + 2nd SATA SSD for Music Library - AudioQuest JitterBug USB noise Filter + 1.5m AudioQuest Diamond USB Cable - to Rotel RC-1590 Pre-Amp

Preferred control - SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab S4 10.5” Tablet.

ZONE 1 - MAIN AUDIO SYSTEM

Rotel RC-1590 Pre-Amp – ( Neutrik XLR (Canare L-4E6S Star Quad Cable) balanced Interconnects to RH + LH AMPs)

2 x Rotel RB-1590 A/B Class Stereo Power Amplifiers - 350w per Channel @ 8 ohms (1.4Kw total)

4 x Klipsch RP-280 (2018) Floor standing Tower Speakers

(8 x 2metre - Custom 12 AWG Silver Speaker Cables in Bi-Wire setup)

ZONE 2 - OFFICEYAMAHA R-N602 Network Receiver driving Klipsch RP-160M Speakers - AIRPLAY

ZONE 3 - BEDROOM 1DENON RCD-N7 Network Receiver driving Denon SC-N7 Speakers - AIRPLAY

ZONE 4 – HEADPHONE STATION - SONY PHA-3 balanced H/phone Amp + SONY MDR-Z7 H/phones

OPPO UDP-205 – CD + DVD + SACD + Tidal / MQA Decoding
Neutrik XLR (Canare L-4E6S Star Quad Cable) balanced Interconnects to Rotel RC-1590 Pre-Amp
2.0m AudioQuest Chocolate HDMI Cable to Samsung UA55H7000 TV

DELL SFF i7 Win10 PC, running J River 25 + Tidal
AudioQuest JitterBug USB noise Filter + 1.5m AudioQuest Coffee USB cable to Oppo UDP-205 + Audio via SPIDIF Optical to Samsung UA55H7000 TV

QNAP TS-453 Pro-8G 4 Bay NAS – Back up of all Music + streams video & podcasts to OPPO & TV

All components are connected to the home network via Cat6 cable, through a 24 Port managed smart switch. Whitelist via MAC address employed for additional network security.

14 Likes