Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

GIK Acoustic

https://www.gikacoustics.com/

You sure? I couldn’t find those on the website. Maybe discontinued?

It’s a DIY Diffusion effort.

Nice! I hope it helped.

Nice setup! We have the same toaster except ours is in the kitchen.:slight_smile:

3 Likes

He might be on to something though. Hot toast and HiFi! Mmmmm!

1 Like

Great System. I am hearing with Elektrostats since 1984. First ESL 63, then ESL 2912. Good choice!

1 Like

Thank you, my first experience of ESL was three pairs of ESL-57 stacked, they produced a remarkable sound but were just too big. :grin:

2 Likes

Yes plenty of folk have very different budgets I was out with my brother the weekend who works for a credit card security company while we were talking he received a notification on his phone regarding a transaction of ÂŁ45k at a London restaurant for a afternoon lunch!

That must have been a really “BIG MAC” :grin:

1 Like

Maybe was just a Big Mac Pro with a few screens

i have same model, very nice piece of art

My PC / headphone rig

Topping DX7s; Ray Samuels “The Raptor”; ZMF Eikon; Sennheiser HD800S; E1DA 9028S (out of shot) and the speakers are Fujitsu Eclipse TD508mkII

Combining three passions in one (music, photography and bourbon) :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Spectral, MIT, Martin Logan 2C3D system

Roon CORE (Macbook Pro) --> HQPlayer --> Sonore MicroRendu --> CiĂșnas Audio ISO SPDIF --> Mutec MC3+USB --> dCS Delius --> Spectral DMC15 --> DMA90 --> Martin Logan CLS2z

15 Likes

Great photos - love the HD800s. I use a couple of Dekoni Nuggets on the underside of the headband. Makes the fit more comfy. I used two nuggets on the HD800s and three nuggets on the HD800 set I have. I think two nuggets approach is best.

3 Likes

That’s a very nice setup - matching front centre for Trifield too. Should sound sublime :+1:t2:

Nice gear. You might like this thread: What are you drinking now? [Pair with music for double points]

1 Like

“Warm-up” is a bit of a misnomer since they don’t actually dissipate power. Do the ESL63 remain unbiased until you start playing them? Since the resistance of a conductive diaphragm is typically very high, it can take a while for the charge to spread evenly.

There should be nothing wrong with leaving an ESL fully charged all the time, except they tend to collect more dust, so you may have to vacuum them out more frequently.

When I was flirting with the 63’s they never quite captivated me the way the original Quads (now called the 57) did. As far as I know the 57 remained fully charged all the time.

From my Quad ESL57 instruction booklet:

The indicator lamp above the mains plug should glow upon switching on, and the loudspeaker will be reasonably well charged within about half a minute. It can thus be used immediately although the frequency response and maximum power may not be strictly correct in the first minute.

Personally, I always felt that it took about 30 minutes before the ESLs were “warmed up”. I now have them on a timer so that power is applied at 08:00 and goes off at midnight

1 Like

I kept mine on all the time, my warm up comment was for the demo in the shop where I bought them

I loved then especially for classicall, harpsichord just shone

Pity JHB zapped them