Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Peter thanks very much for the further details of your system it certainly looks a very nice set up.

Nice photography! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sim Audio Moon and Totem - great combination!

1 Like

Love my totems. I have not heard them paired with S.A. Moon equipment.

Neither have I but I have both Totem speakers (powered by a Marantz Home Theater Receiver) and Sim Audio preamp and Sim Audio Moon power amp (powering Vandersteen speakers) and everything sounds great. Therefore I am making the assumption that Moon and Totem sound great together, which I realize iis something that is widely frowned upon by audiophiles, but then again I’m a music lover, not an audiophile. :upside_down_face:

Here is my $800 system:

Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt $300
Sony WH1000XM3 headphones $300
Pull USB cable from U-Verse router to Oppo 203 $200
Total Spent $800

Things I already had:

LG 65C7P OLED TV
Oppo 203 DVD Player
Bose Soundtouch 300 w/Acoustimass 300 subwoofer
Sennheiser RS175 headphones
Dell XPS15 9750 laptop i7 6 core, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD
iPhone 6S Plus
iPad Mini 4

Tidal, Qobuz, and Roon

My little cavern for music and cinema

saving for a new rack :smile:

26 Likes

Best . $300 . headphones . ever

Enjoy!

1 Like

I did my research beforehand and discovered via various forums that Sim Audio use Totem frequently in their testing and voicing. I heard the Neo Ace via ProAc speakers and, while impressed, it didn’t quite have the sound I was after. I surmised that it was the ProAcs which I wasn’t familiar with. Once I got the amp and heard it in situ, it was a different ballgame, so I ended up buying it, the synergy was great. I downsized from a much more complex separates system as it was dominating what is only a secondary listening rig, but I can honestly say this sounds way better than the separates-based “traditional” rig. (This reply is also aimed at @Jazzfan_NJ btw)

lovely and tasteful.

1 Like

Probably the nicest system I have seen on here.

1 Like

The Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra and the Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital are an absolutely fantastic combo. Little giant killers. I use the same combo in my bedroom system. With the right headphones the S2 Digital sounds great. I use it with Beyerdynamic T5p - closed back and easy to drive - great for late night listening.

What speakers are those?

1 Like

Dynaudio Emit 10 ?

1 Like

Won’t it be better if they emitted music? :crazy_face:

A wood board on top of the amp looks nice! Love the idea!

2 Likes

1m

James_Fitzgerald:

Sony WH1000XM3 headphones $300

I’m stretching out in my hotel in Beijing listening to mine right now, no distractions thanks to the noise cancelling, that said SWMBO isn’t very noisy :grin:

Very happy also with combo pro-ject.speakers are the dynaudio emit m 10

1 Like

rare to see some cabling thats for the most uncluttered too

1 Like

Hey David,

Nice use of the Powerstation + AC iPurifier! :nerd_face:

Kind regards,
Jake

1 Like

Testing the Piega Coax 311 speakers over the weekend, i’m looking to replace my Kef R900 because they are to large for my bedroom.

5 Likes