Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Congrats on your system. Heard and loved those Piegas plus the Gato is an object of desire for me aesthetics wise!

1 Like

Why do some people put a system in their bedroom?

1 Like

Because their (my) wife won’t have it anywhere else!

2 Likes

Because in my bedroom I can listen to Tom Waits,Nick Cave and Johnny Dowd without the rest of the family complaining.

5 Likes

very interesting pair of gear…
Paradigm Premier 200B and Orchad Audio streamer are on my radar…

1 Like

To listen to music. Some people like to fall asleep to music.

3 Likes

Why not in a family room or living room, etc.?

I have more complex systems in the family room and the office, and a small system in the bedroom. Two Bose wave radios synced (left/right channel), an Arcam Sonos DAC, and a Sonos Connect (in the master bedroom)

https://www.arcam.co.uk/products,rSeries,Wired-DAC,sonlink.htm#techspecs

1 Like

Hi Enrico. Welcome to the group. I think I shared this link before, but in case you missed it, here’s a recording of the Orchard Audio PecanPi and Paradigm speakers playing in this room. I made it using a matched pair of Rode NT5 mics, placed at the listening position. Sounds best with headphones and may give you a ~15% sense of how things sound in the room. Enjoy.

2 Likes

Not the best lighting but I finally got motivated to post system 1…

2011 MacMini running MacOS 10.15.0, Roon Core, Dirac Live, and Audio Hijack
NAD C390DD digital integrated amp w/ HDMI and BluOS MDCs
PSB T2 loudspeakers
Blue Jeans Cable speaker cables and interconnects
Dual SVS SB-1000 subwoofers
Chromecast for display of Roon metadata/images
TCL Series 6 55in Roku Smart 4K HDTV
AppleTV 4
Harmony Smart Control universal remote

6 Likes

Do those subs work OK where you have them? I assume they must.

They seem to load the room a bit more evenly there than on the other side of the cabs behind the T2s. Dirac Live does a great job at evening out the LF bumps anyway - so I can get away putting them where they are least obtrusive.

That’s a great looking setup. I almost didn’t see the speakers. I was just thinking maybe the subs might need to sit in front of the cabinets.

I have systems lots of places. My wife even demands a system in her walk in closet. It’s simple, a Squeezebox radio synced to another system/server.

1 Like

I can see that. I was just wondering about full blown systems with steamers, amps, receivers, huge speakers, etc.

I guess some people have gear laying around to use and (big) enough rooms to make it work for them. I have systems in most rooms, some rooms have more than one…I like options…have an understanding wife helps too

2 Likes

I’ve been wanting to set up a nice system in the bedroom solely to try going to sleep while listening to Max Richter’s “Sleep” (the 8-hour version). I don’t normally remember my dreams, but I wonder if that experience would be different.

Unfortunately, my wife, who otherwise is very accommodating of this hobby (bass traps, absorption panels, money spent on gear), would not be happy with that idea. Too much work for a one-off, too.

Absolutely!

One of the great about music streaming and Roon is that one can put an audio system anywhere within one’s home and have access to one’s entire digital music library, all easily controlled by a mobile device or tablet.

Or just add a Roon endpoint to an existing audio or video system.

At present I have seven Roon based audio systems throughout my home.

“Let there be songs to fill the air”

2 Likes

Hi David, Very nice speakers Wilson-Benesch ACT Loudspeakers. I have these myself… A keeper for life (took a long time to find the right speaker!). What speaker cable did you settle for and did it make a difference ? Thank you. Derek (no need to reply, just interested)

This is my Roon streaming system.
Devialet 440PRO and Vivid Audio B1 Decades.
Roon core is an iMac and I stream via wifi to the Devialet either using RAAT or Devialet Air.

33 Likes