Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

And you’re still married? Good for you.

2 Likes

Why not? A good amp is something infrequently replaced. Lots of folks (including your truly) have $10K plus tied up in power management. It’s a hobby, and it can be an expensive one.

1 Like

$30,000 for two amps? That’s crazy in my opinion. However, if someone has more money than they or their family will ever need, then why not?

I spent over $100,000 drag racing and another $100,000 flying airplanes, so I know about expensive hobbies. I did make sure I had my kids educated and our retirement secured first.

Crazy is relative. Like the old Chris Rock joke: If Bill Gates woke up one morning and discovered he only had Oprah Winfrey’s wealth, he’d jump out the window.

5 Likes

Makes way more sense than $2,000 for an ethernet switch box.

13 Likes

My Roon core is still 16Core Threadripper with 18tb HD

Living Room

Endpoint is a headless NUC
Basement Family Room
Endpoint is Lumin U1 Mini
Audio Room

Endpoint is Lumin X1

20 Likes

I agree. (10)

Are those Tannoys Revolution XT 6F with Marantz?
I had similar with the Marantz 8000 series which i upgraded to SimAudio Moon 390 / 330a combo and Dali Rebicon 6.

Lots of very nice toys :smiley:

1 Like

hard to tell, but is that a Garrard 401 in a custom plinth? would enjoy details on the arms too.

new cabinet and tidied my headphone set up :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Thanks. Yes 401 on DIY plinth. Arm is Audiocraft AC4000 with DV 10X5 cart with Soundsmith ruby cantiliver.

1 Like

I had the original 10x fitted to widely inappropriate Dual CS 505 in 1979.

are there two arms?

This lives on top of the kitchen cabinets (normally further back out of sight)
Pi with Allo DAC feeding AE active sub and satellites.

2 Likes

Like the R2R tape decks.

I have an RT-909 and a B77/II myself.

2 Likes

the RT909 was a very beautiful deck, and more practical than the 707, but something about the smaller form factor of the latter made it an incredibly sexy machine.

Yeah xt6f and pm6006… the amp on the top is a sugden great mids but dont like the colouring of the class A… much prefer the marantz (and i have to have tone controls lol)… the small ones are wharfs diamond 220. I have them running at the same time, they compliment each other perfectly giving a much better soundstage…

A few months ago I showed a picture from my main listning-room.

Today we see our dining room with two rare and old Grundig Audiorama loudspeaker from 1975, connected to a Logitech Squeezebox Touch, powered by a simple Sony amplifier. Each bowl has 4 bass and 8 height speakers

9 Likes

I’ve never seen the grundig speakers before; great looking room too.