Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

I am very pleased with mine - such wonderful easy listening.

They look very similar to Sf, don’t they? So do some of their floorstanders.

The “traps” behind the speakers, are they for taming boomy bass at certain frequencies or high frequency reflections?

Thanks

My latest addition, a new to me (used) Meridian Prime headphone DAC/amp to go with my Raspberry Pi 4 Ropieee.

5 Likes

I am a big fan of the Prime HP amp.
I also purchased mine used at a great price and the LPSU was included.

Mine is connected to an All USBridge Sig running Ropieee.

Makes a significant difference to the Prime (IMO), both to the analogue stage, but particularly with the USB input (it really raises it up). Of course, the latter could also be achieved with a much cheaper USB decrapifier.

1 Like

I completely agree :grinning:

I Absolutely love the little operas. If memory serves they were an extremely good sounding little standmount. Great imaging, and quite clean sounding in the lower end.

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

I assume you are a PSU sceptic? So was I. Perhaps you would like to read my in-depth review?

FWIW, I suspect the difference is down to the Prime HA’s power supply not being good enough and, though it can be used by itself, it was always designed as a two box component.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link. However, respectfully, I do not find subjective opinion to be at all convincing.
Let’s, for argument sake, say that I do find your review 100% convincing. It would mean, to me, that the Prime HA is broken and I would not be keeping it.

1 Like

We’re probably agreeing on something!

2 Likes

Hello,
this is a slightly different setup…
Quad 66 preamp with 606 power amp, Roon via a RasPi with HifiBerry DAC+ Pro.
Speakers are Wilson Benesch ACT One.
I love the warm, yet clear sound, the wide open stage and the power this combo puts out.
Currently I am experimenting with the HAF filters but have not yet made a final judgement call.
Christian

9 Likes

Your probably saying the Prime was built with a basic power supply so it could be used as is (a bonus, not broken) but the full experience is with the external power supply.

That makes for a flexible product allowing those that wish to to buy in gradually.

i bet it sounds wonderful. i had a quad 909 amp for a while and loved it.

Lots of great set-ups on this thread. Here is mine…
Shunyata Triton v3 power, various Shunyata NR power cords -> Antipodes CX+EX music server -> dCS Vivaldi DAC -> Audio Research 40th Anniversary Reference Pre-amp -> D’Agostino M-300 monos -> KEF Blades + REL 212SE subs. Also, Bryston BDA-3 for HDMI video sources, the Brinkmann Nyquist DAC pre-dates the Vivaldi and will be sold to a lucky buyer. All Cardas Clear Beyond cabling. (Bryston 28B “cubed” monos visible in photo and will be also finding a new home). The room has double drywall that is suspended on Isomax clips with lots of Roxul insulation in the walls and ceiling. All ductwork is sound-insulated. Also, six dedicated 20A power lines going to the front wall. There is a 110" drop-down screen up front. Roon is running on the Antipodes CX with the EX doing the rendering. Control is via an iPad.

53 Likes

goddam.

/10char

1 Like

WOW!! Looks like a demo showroom at a high-end audio video store. Very nice…

I’ll bet it sounds even greater than it looks. Well done.

Awesome, thanks for the post.