Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

Thanks Charles, I have thought about doing the same with mine. You are correct they image very well. I recently got some nice walnut slabs… you motivated me to get off my duff. Thanks again

1 Like

What are the stands that you are using with your Quads?

You’re welcome, Ricardo!

I hope you post pics of those “slabs” once you get them finished and under the Heresy’s.

nice turntable menagerie.

2 Likes

Hi David, I believe it’s called Target stand but I’m also not sure. There are two kinds of 63 commercial stands, this and Arcici. Fortunately my came with the speakers when I bought them from previous owner.

Hi, What is your opinion of the nice looking Matrix DAC (hard to get home audition)? What DAC did it replace? Are you using USB or a Digital to Digital Interface? No need to reply, I am just interested. Thank you.

Thanks woodford, yes I’m obsessed with turntable :wink:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What are we listening to [2020]

Hi derek, it’s certainly difficult to audition. IMO it is a wonderful dac. Very accurate sounding.

It replaced a mytek stereo 192 dsd and it’s game set and match for the Matrix X Sabre pro MQA. Low is more refined and has more slam than the old mytek.

No problems with Roon and they have a good after sales customer service.

And I use usb2.0 direct from an rpi4, next purchase will be a Matrix X spdif 2 DDC.
With that DDC I will be able to play DSD1024 and use the i2s input of the Matrix XSP MQA

You are going to fall in love with the BF 2. I received mine about a week ago and paired it with my existing Lyr 3. It is heaven with Focal Utopia, Focal Clear, and it completely turned my Beyerdynamic DT1990 into a well behaved, dynamic, every day fun listening set of cans. Seems to be really sensitive to quality of the USB cable. It would not even work with a Corning Optical USB cable that sounded great with a PS Audio Direct Stream Jr, fed from a Sonore Ultra Rendu bridge. Source is a 10 year old Dell XPS tower running as a Roon Core.

1 Like

Here’s my setup. Musical Fidelity NuVista M3 Integrated (Factory upgraded )
Musical Fidelity TriVista 21 Dac
Vandersteen 2ce Signature ii’s
Vandersteen 3a Signatures on the way as I type. Oppo Udp-203 MacBook Pro as core for Roon.
5tb HD
iPhone/iPad as controller for Roon.
Epik Phoenix 18in Subwoofer .
custom ARXA turntable
Wireworld Eclipse 7 Biwire speaker cable
Analysis Plus Solo Crystal oval interconnects
P.I. Audio Mongo Power cable 20a with Furutech ends for MF M3 integrated
Zu Audio Event Power cable for MF TriVista 21Dac & Oppo upd-203
Streaming Qobuz, Tidal

strong text

8 Likes

Hi, Good the hear there is a clear increase in SQ with the Matrix X DAC. And ah yes…DDC’s, Interesting as I have tried a few. Checkout the Singxer SU-6 and the Gustard U-16 (which is good bang for buck, yet not XMOS (ess)). Have not heard the new Singxer SU-2 yet surmise it could be the new best bang per buck DDC??? BTW I thought the Matrix X-SPDIF 2 went to DSD512? (which is a great DDC also). Thank you for your reply as it is always good to hear and learn from peoples experiences.

That is a great upgrade, you will be very happy!
Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Hey Derek,

My DDC is a Audiobyte Hydra Z. I run it on 5VDC as it takes my USB signal from my MAC Mini that I run on 12VDC. I’m getting my Yggdrasil DAC modified to include a new “Unison USB” (along with Analog 2) out that Schiit has been updating their DACs to. I will listen to both obviously to see which I like the best.

Cheers!

Hi Larry,
I have looked at the Hydra Z. It was hard to get a home audition without the added ZPM power supply which was off putting because it implied it was broken without it (which I doubt)? and the cost was just too high + I have some good LPS’s. That said the design looks very interesting with some good components and suspect a close match to the Matrix SPDIF 2. I would welcome your feedback (no, pressure to reply).

Cheers and Tally-ho!

Thank you , I’m sure I will I love the Vandersteen sound so these should get me the same sound as the 5a’s and I have the Sub to get me the low end the 5a’s has , I can’t wait .

A fellow R2R and vinyl enthusiast I see.
Close ups of them would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Your welcome! Matrix X Spdif 2 will do 1024 over i2s.

wow, nice room and setup. As a ATC user (just SCM45a), i know what sweet sound is waiting for you there :slight_smile: have fun!

1 Like