Showing (off) your Roon setup - description and photos [2015-04 .. 2021-03]

that and Jackson Browne’s The Pretender were the first albums i ever heard on Maggies.

owned 2.5s for a bit a long time ago.

1 Like

The latest downsized system, and the result of a lot of changes since the first system in 1978.

From the top…

Clearaudio Innovation Compact, Clearaudio Universal Tonearm with VTA Lifter, Dynavector Te Kaitora Rua cartridge

Devialet Expert Pro 440 DSP monoblocks with Inifinity Core upgrade

Some kind of power thingy

Speakers are KEF Blades, with the IsoAcoustic feet (not shown in this photo, they came later)

On the side - your basic Dell workstation with Roon core playing from a 2 TB USB drive (that you can’t see) with about 1,000 ripped CDs and well over 1,400 recorded LPs.

Roon and Devialet are setup for streaming using the Roon implementation of AIR.

That’s it. Some fancy cables, but we all have that.

Edit: The art print is from 1976 or 1977, a Phillip Garris cover art for the Grateful Dead album cover Blues For Allah. I bought it from an ad in Rolling Stone and had it framed many years later. It works well with the stereo system.

22 Likes

If the blades are “downsized” what was there before :slight_smile::slight_smile:

1 Like

I would lose those 2 chairs.

1 Like

Could the chairs result in some diffusion?

I am very surprised that you would have such expensive room filling speakers in such a small space.
Surely it is not doing the speakers justice?

1 Like

My system adapted to circumstances.

31 Likes

I’m a huge Diana Krall fan…I find that album on your monitor is recorded so well (my copy came from HD Tracks @ 192KHz) that the vocals sound spooky real! I’ve seen her in person many times.

Love your Office set up!

3 Likes

@Larry_Megugorac

Diana Krall is a wonderful singer :slightly_smiling_face: Would be great to have the opportunity to hear her singing live. I think I need to get that album in 192KHz!

3 Likes

For that mask to seal properly the beard has to go Anders!!

You got there. Before me , downsize is a Dansette Autochanger …

1 Like

Perish the thought , I haven’t shaved since 1976 :cowboy_hat_face:, trimmed a bit maybe

1 Like

Loads of interesting ornaments in photos of your rooms, why not add some of them here:-

Ornaments that make it your room…

18 Likes

Agree - I bought the 24/192 HDTracks album as well (Turn Up the Quiet), and it’s one of my favorites!

Tidal also has a 24/192 MQA Masters version FYI.

2 Likes

Nice…but wouldnt you prefer a narrower taller rack so that you dont need to get that low to put a record on?

This is the system in the main part of my house. It controls the Magnepan .7’s in the photo of the post I’m replying to – as well as three other pairs of speakers in the main living area… Dining room (PSB Imagine Mini), kitchen (Orb Audio) and TV room (PSB Imagine B). A few subwoofers strategically located.

Components are in a centrally located closet, and I’m able to get speaker wire through the walls to all the rooms from here.

Cambridge Audio CXA80 integrated amp
Niles speaker selector with volume control
Van Alstine Vision Q Phono Preamp for the Thorens turntable in dining room
Mac mini running Roon Bridge > Matrix X-SPIDF 2 > Topping D50 DAC

here’s the turntable (made the walnut plinth during the first few days of the Great Distancing):

11 Likes

Loved the MoFi TT. BTW being manufactured in the US did you get it 120 volts, and currently use a transformer for operating it? Or does the unit have automatic voltage detection 120, 230 etc? 50 or 60 kHz?

Cheers

Interesting mixture of music and dishes.

Yah well it’s a closet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes